Saturday, March 17, 2012

Home Sweet Home

Believe me when I say that no one was more shocked than me when the doctor came in this morning, talked to me for about 20 minutes, and then asked if I wanted to go home. What?!?! After the last couple of days, Scott and the nurses had me convinced that I'd be in the hospital until it was time to deliver. Shocked! In all honesty, other than just being out of the hospital, I am so glad to be here for Ella Beth's sake. She is such my little sensitive and intuitive little girl, so having me gone for days and in the hospital has been hard on her. Happy to be here where I'm needed. :)

This morning, the doctor checked me out and noticed that I was swelling a LOT. Of course it is due to the continuous IV fluids and the fact that I was only allowed out of bed to go to the bathroom. Even with my feet constantly raised and sexy compression leggins (ha!), the swelling was getting worse by the hour. Because I am already high risk, extra fluid building up (especially when it was happening so fast) could put me at an even higher risk for pre-eclampsia. The doctor wants to avoid adding that on to my body at all costs!

I was sent home with 187 pills of Procardia to help lessen my contractions and strict instructions. I am 2 cm dilated and 30% effaced, so the contractions are definitely changing me. I was told that the next time they see me, whether it be Monday or in three weeks...Porter will be delivered. Hoping for at least another week or two to keep him baking! I go back to my OB on Monday, and they will check me out to see if anything has progressed since my release from prison the hospital. ;)

So I am home resting on the couch while my mama took the kiddos out for a little while. As I walked into our home, my first thought was, "Our house may be small, but it's still home and I am so happy to be here with my family!"

No comments: