So today when I got home from meeting my friend Noelle and her little boy Carter for lunch, I found a very sweet surprise in Landon's nursery:
Isn't it just beautiful?!! I love it! My mom and I found one at Lowe's over the weekend, but it was not in good condition. I thought that I was going to have to give up on having a black rocking chair in Landon's room...but thanks to Daddy, I now have a sweet spot to nurse and rock Landon. The main reason I wanted a rocking chair is so that I could always have it. I know that when he gets bigger he won't appreciate having a nice chair in his room like Ella Beth will, so I wanted something practical that could easily move from one room to another. The rocking chair is very comfortable, too, which is always a nice plus. :) I'm just so happy to have it in his nursery. Even without his furniture here, it still makes it feel a bit more cozy.
Well, since I haven't been one to share any postitives of my pregnancy (mainly because I didn't think there were any), I'm going to share 3. THREE. Yes, three! That's a lot of positives from this little lady who doesn't like being pregnant!
1. I have no back pain. With Ella Beth I had severe back pain all through my pregnancy b/c Ella Beth rested right on my sciatic nerve from day one. I remember how hard it was putting a towel on my head each morning to dry my hair, but now I do it daily with appreciation of the fact that it doesn't hurt.
2. I don't have a dark line down my belly. Even after Ella Beth was born, my line hung out for about 3 months. I was really starting to worry that it would never go away. Not this time!
3. I really do enjoy feeling Landon move...well, most of the time. You know, except when I am trying to fall asleep and he decides to start doing gymnastics! It's completely weird to say this, but I even have a fondness for the bruise on the inside of my lower left rib. Landon is constantly kicking/stretching out in the same spot that I seriously have a bruise. Even though it's uncomfortable, I still like knowing that he has a special little spot.
Wow. That was good for me. Now, I still can't wait to meet the little guy; still crossing my fingers that it will be sooner than later, too. But, at least I have a few (three!) good memories to keep with me.
And, what would a post be without a picture of Ella Beth. Here she is eating a snack in Landon's room while Mommy got a few things done (who ever knew that a highchair on wheels would be so handy?). Such a goofy face, but it makes me smile. :)



4 comments:
Love the chair! It will be perfect for his room! I love the traditional rocking chair. It is classic and will last a long time!
That's awesome. I'm glad things are coming along and some good is shining through. You have lots of folks praying for you!!!
Nice rocking chair! Also like the PB bedding I see a glimpse of hanging over the chair. :) We almost went with that same bedding for Pierson's room, and only didn't b/c the black in it just didn't go real great w/ the furniture we already had. Great minds think alike though!
What a sweet surprise! Don't we have wonderful husbands? And I know you didn't just call your daughter fat in front of a live national cyber-audience! Girlfriend, your daughter is the tiniest 17-month old I've ever known. She will never be able to be called fat in her entire life! Even now, her mama couldn't be considered fat, I mean she's the tiniest prego woman I've ever seen as well!
Post a Comment