What goes around, sticks around. At least in terms of germs. Ella Beth caught a cold at Waumba Land last Sunday. She started coming down with a runny nose Monday morning. Wednesday, Mommy started coming down with a runny nose. Saturday, Daddy started coming down with a runny nose. Thankfully, it has been nothing more than a cold for all of us, but it is still not the best thing. Ella Beth has miraculously slept pretty well. She coughs some during the night from her congestion, but has been able to stay asleep through most of her coughing fits. I haven't slept all that well b/c I can't breathe very well, but other than being more tired than a normal 32 week prego woman, it hasn't been too bad. Hopefully, Scott will be able to say the same. He's a bit tired today, but hanging in there. We'll be glad when this passes.
Would it be too bold of me to stand outside of Ella Beth's Waumba Land class and ask those parents with snotty nose kids not to come in today??? Just wondering. ;) It sure would be nice, though, if everyone were considerate and not bring his/her sick kids to nursery on Sunday. Most surely think, "Oh it's only an hour, no big deal." But to a mommy who wants to keep her little one healthy, it is a big deal. I didn't take Ella Beth to church this morning b/c I didn't want her passing anything on to another little one.
Anyway...I'll stop the band-wagon!
Ella Beth turned 17 months last Monday. Wow. She really is getting to be such a big girl. Today, when Scott got home from church we went to Moe's for lunch. We ordered Ella Beth her own meal - a Power Wagon. She ate almost the entire thing...well, we thought she ate more than she did until we picked her up out of her high chair. We found a good big lurking there!!! She did eat really well, despite her mess. Every day she is becoming more of a little person than a little baby. She talks non-stop. Right now, my favorite thing that she says is, "Okay." If you ask her something like, "Do you want some water?" She will say, "Okay!" It's the cutest thing! She is also learning lots of new words thanks to the fruit and veggies that she got to go along with her kitchen. Have you ever heard a 17 month old say: broccoli, garlic, potato, macaroni, ice cream??? Well, let me just tell you that it is super cute! She is also starting to sing along with songs - "Wheels on the Bus," "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" (much to Mommy's dismay), "Choo Choo Soul," and other little songs that we hear repeatedly on any given day. It's just so neat to watch her learn!
One thing she also loves right now is riding on Daddy's shoulders.
She will also "pose" for the camera a little if she's in the mood:
And, another "big girl" thing that she's learned is how to climb up and down from our sofa:
I need to say Thank You to y'all who commented, emailed, or called to give me the much-needed encouragment last week. I'm doing better. The painting of Landon's nursery is complete, and I am very happy with it. That has lifted my spirts a little. I also purchased a few little boy items that I am looking forward to seeing him in. I still have a time period each day where I put my head down and just wonder (in true desperation) how I am going to survive. But then I hear God whisper to me His promise in Philippians 4:19, that He will meet all of [my] needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Yes, it will be hard; but not more than I can handle. I will just have to lean on Him and the wonderful friends and family that He sends me for my support.
Speaking of wonderful friends, I had an unplanned, but nice baby-free lunch on Friday with my good friend Ashley; and I'm looking forward to a planned baby-free lunch tomorrow with my sweet friend Jennifer. I better not use all of these baby-free lunch breaks at one time!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment