Okay, so I am asking for your opinion on something that is coming up - TWO CARSEATS in a car. Where should Ella Beth sit, and where should Landon sit? I've been trying to think of the best place to put the two carseats, but can't determine where each would be best. Would it be best for Ella Beth to sit behind the passanger seat so that I can talk with her more (since she's older and needs a bit more interaction)? Since I'm vertically challenged, I won't really be able to reach either of them...especially Landon since he'll be facing backwards...so that's not an issue. Who should I generally put in first? I'm thinking Ella Beth so she can't run off and Landon will be in the carseat...but that means I lug Landon around the car and back if Ella Beth is behind the passenger seat...so would it be easier to have her behind me? I just don't know! I need some opinions and the "whys" behind them to help me make the decision!
Well, this morning at 8:55 the phone rings with a real estate agent who wants to show our house...at 10:30. Okay...I hadn't had a shower, the house hadn't been dusted, nor bathrooms cleaned since we came home from vacation 2 days ago...and she wanted to come in an hour & a half?! Can you say Mommy runs around frantically, Ella Beth cries b/c Mommy won't pick her up as often as she wants to be picked up, Mommy gets a shower in record time, and barely makes it out the door before the agent pulls into our driveway. Whew! Well, if anyone wanted to make a surprise visit, today's the day! Our house is spic-n-span clean! I'm hoping for a better notice next time. :)
2 comments:
I wish had more advice, but I don't have that experience yet, only the experience from friends. My friend with 5 kids, usually puts the baby in first and then attends to the rest. She said that the baby car seat is so easy to snap in and buckling the other can be a challenge sometimes. She has the kids get in the van (they have a conversion van) and stand in the floor until she can get the little ones situated. Maybe Ella Beth could stand in front of the seat (door closed) while you work with Landon?
well, my kids aren't as close in age as yours will be, so that makes it a little different...but for newborn Christian, we moved Ansley over behind me, and put him behind the passenger seat. our logic was that it would be easier to reach him, plus i could see him better, which made me feel better to know what was going on. as for who you put in first, i don't have much experience with that one (ansley can buckle herself in nowadays) but i would say put Ella Beth in first since she is the mobile one. hope that helps!?
Post a Comment