So...pregnancy for me is nothing if not interesting. Most everyone knows that I just do not enjoy being pregnant. I think it's neat to feel a baby move inside of me, but that's the extent of my enjoyment. Last Friday, I had 6 contractions in 17 minutes; 4 of which were painful. I called the doctor who told me to come in immediately. Scott and I went in, and they did a stress test on Landon and me. It turns out that it was "false labor," but I was told to drink more water (as if that's possible) and rest when I can (as if that's possible). It turns out that my uterus is "very tilted" and puts an enormous amout of pressure (i.e. PAIN) on my pelvic bone. Do you remember ever falling off a bike and landing on the bar? Well, that's exactly what my body feels like all day long any time I move. It only gets worse the longer I'm pregnant...which is why I am anxiously awaiting Landon's birthday. I don't wish for him to come today or tomorrow...but any time that is within a reasonably early time frame is fine with me. :)
I know that I'm late with belly shots, but here are the latest two:
Well, our trip to Pigeon Forge was great. It was nice to spend time away from home for a few days and hang out with Scott's family. Scott's parents, sister (Karla), neice (Kaitlin), brother (Jason), and Jason's girlfriend (Justine) all stayed with us in a suite. It was a lot of fun watching Ella Beth and Kaitlin interact. It gave me a glimse of Ella Beth and Landon playing together! Ella Beth's first word every morning when she woke up was "Kaitlin." We ate out at lots of yummy restaurants, went to Dixie Stampede and some shops around town, and we spent Monday in Gatlinburg at the Aquarium and doing other "tourist-like" things. I have lots of pictures, but I'll just post a few. One of my favorites is Ella Beth in Kaitlin's shoes. Her obsession with shoes appears to be never-ending! Something that was surprising is that Ella Beth was terrified of the swimming pool. Over the summer, she loved the water; not so much now. (Note: I was terrified of all water - even the bath tub - when I was little. I hope Ella Beth doesn't take after me in that area!) There is also a very cute picture of Ella Beth playing dress-up with my tank-ini before we left. She is such a mess!
WOW - that's a lot of pictures! And, that's just a sampling! I hope everyone is starting off 2008 happy and healthy. Happy New Year!














No comments:
Post a Comment