Tuesday, July 24, 2012

My Re-Start Button

Today was one of those days that just got off to a bad start. Everything from Porter not napping this morning to me not getting to eat breakfast until after 10 a.m. to the bigger kiddos bickering and pestering one another to a late lunch and patience shot - all made this day not easy.

After lunch I sent the kiddos to their rooms because "Mama needed a time out." I thought about crying. I thought about calling a friend to vent. I thought about just throwing my hands up and saying "whatever" to the rest of the day.

But that sweet, sweet Spirit gently nudged me. And I knew exactly what I needed.

I needed to pray. I needed to be close to my Father. I needed His Spirit to wash over me; to lift my yoke and replace it with His. Matthew 11:28 says, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

I came, and He provided. 

As a mother of three, my rest did not last long being that it was 1:27 in the afternoon. However, His restful Spirit gave me what I needed to keep going today. 

It's not a magic pill, and it certainly didn't make the rest of the day perfect, but He did come.

He is my re-start button. 
On days that are long and hard and I feel so overwhelmed, He is my re-start button. 
On days when I am short on patience and long on discipline, He is my re-start button.
On days when the baby won't settle and the big kids won't obey.
On days when I feel isolated.
On days when the night before was long.
On days when smiles are hard to come by.
On days when school seems like a battle.
On days when messes are continually made.
On days when blow-out diapers come at the most inconvenient moments.
On days when the cashier looks at me with that look.
On days when whiny voices grate on my nerves.
On days when I don't get up early.
On days when we run out of milk for the boy who only wants cereal.
On days when the girl's room is a disaster.
On days when the laundry is left in the washing machine too long.
On days when the toilet backs up from little ones using too much toilet paper.
On days when everyone needs a nap but no one gets one.
On the hardest days.

He is my Re-Start Button. 


Micah 7:7, "But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord,
                    I wait for God my Savior;
                    my God will hear me."

1 comment:

Angela said...

Very sweet post, Amber! I can completely relate to, well, all of it! Thank you for sharing your heart. You lifted mine up!