How can my tiny baby boy be 4 months already?? Time is my enemy these days. From the big sister about to be SIX (yikes!) and now the baby is 4 months - this mama's heart is in serious trouble.
Porter's 4 month appointment isn't until next week, so I don't know exactly how much he weighs. But I would say he's closing in on 10 pounds. He's growing like a weed these days!
Ella Beth is still smitten over her baby brother. She loves to "take care" of him by giving him his paci or talking to him. She is most definitely ready for him to play with her, and I have to remind her often to "Be careful, sweetheart. He's just not quite old enough." Playing patty cake, trying to dance with his arms while I'm holding him, and being on his play mat are just a few of her latest attempts at getting him to play.
But generally she just loves to be near him. She has such a big heart, and she loves Porter immensely!
I have a few nicknames that I call this little fella - Stinker (probably the most), Silly Monkey, and Smiley. Porter is not short on smiles, especially for his Mama. :) But, his Daddy is starting to get some pretty big ones lately, too. I guess I'll have to learn to share. ;)
Porter's reflux is becoming more manageable. I think. We will go a few days where the pain isn't so intolerable and he only goes through 2-3 outfits, and I think just maybe we're on the upswing. But without fail, the next day will be horrible. He will go through 6 outfits in a day and spit up three 6x8 inch puddles of spit-up within 15 minutes. (And for the record, yes, we've measured them. They are huge. They are also the reason my floors are never clean.) He just likes to keep us on our toes.
You wouldn't know it to look at these pictures, but man o' man does this little fella hate to be put down. He is rotten. Rotten!! He wants to be held, toted, & cuddled at all times. It's so sweet.
But it's also so hard. I have two older babies who also want and need Mama's attention. On good days, we can all sit and read books together, play Barbies or trains, or we can play games in the floor with Porter in my lap. Those are the good days. On the not-so-good days, I walk the floor over and over with two bigger kiddos asking, "Mama, can you play with me now?" It's hard.
Porter has been on a decent schedule lately...except for the last two days - which I am working on. I had forgotten that when a baby gets on a schedule you don't mess with it. And I am reminded of the isolation that can come with having an infant. But, it's a season, and I know all too well that it's a short one. So, I'm trying my best to enjoy having to be at home. He still nurses every 3 hours unless he's sleeping, and his "wake periods" are still rather short - after 1 hour (1.5 hours max) he is done! But he's been sleeping well at night, so apparently his body knows what it needs.
Why is getting a picture with everyone looking such an ordeal? Oh well!!
But I still love these pics because Ella Beth looks so proud, and sweet Landon was trying so hard. :)
Of course, their shirts make me happy. My babies coordinated. Bliss. ;)
The adjustment period is pretty well over. It is definitely not easy, but it's our new normal. The hardest part is when I miss that golden window for him to go down easily for a nap. The big sister and brother hate having to be patient, and that's when my own patience is tested. Having them come in and out of the room asking if he's asleep yet does.not.help. him fall asleep quicker! Luckily, I know Porter's cues for when he's ready to be put down.
So most days are pretty good days. Most. On those others...well, let's just say my re-start button is used often. :)










No comments:
Post a Comment