Friday, May 25, 2012

Life in the trenches

I have often heard that being a mother to young children is like "being in the trenches." I totally get it. Man, some days are just hard.

Some days the once easy baby just starts crying and fussing and just. won't. stop. And I can't figure out why.

Some days the oldest is sassy and pushes my buttons just because she knows how.

Some days the middle is whiny and mumbles all throughout the day and I have no idea what he's saying.

Some days the hardwood floors have milk spots all over them from the reflux baby who shoots milk everywhere, and I just have to look at them over and over and over again while I'm pacing the floor over and over and over again.

Some days the oldest and the middle just want Mommy to play with them, but as soon as we get started the baby is fussing crying screaming. Again.

Some days I just want to exercise because it makes me feel better. But that is the last thing on my list of never-ending things. I could exercise at 5 a.m. if I was more dedicated, I suppose. However, after getting up at least twice a night for the last 9 straight weeks - I am not that dedicated.

Some days it's just so stinkin' hot that even going outside for some fresh air backfires.

Some days the baby just wants to nurse every two hours, and I just don't have it in me. Literally.

Some days I just want to lock myself in the bathroom and cry. Or just catch my breath. But, I know if I did that I'd see how dirty the floors are and I'd for sure lose it.


Some days I wonder what in the world He was thinking giving me three children, because some days are hard.

Those are some days.

But every day, every day I look at three precious little people that God has entrusted to me and I am thankful.


No comments: