One of my favorite sounds after the kiddos run to the mailbox is, "Mama! You got a package in the mail!"
Who wouldn't love those words?
And opening a package to find beautiful artwork to hang on the wall? Even better!
I love how this simple artwork made from metal reminds me of how my Heavenly Father calls me to Himself.
Abide: (verb) To remain, continue, dwell; last
My deepest desire is to remain, to dwell, and to last in Him - to be a permanent resident in the presence of my Savior.
There are times when we Abide in Him simply because we have no where else to go, nothing else to do. All three of my children have now spent time in the hospital for different, but all very serious reasons. It was easy to Abide in Him during those many dark hours and days. But what about the rest of my days? What about the good days? The loud and messy - and will my house ever be clean again - days?
This art reminds me that nothing is more valuable than time spent with Him as often as possible. To schedule my quiet times, to express my thankfulness, to worship Him with my heart, words, and actions. To fully dwell in His presence. Oh, how I pray that my acts of Abiding in Him will be evident to my children. That they will grow, watching me dwell in His presence so that they, too, will Abide in Him.
And, oh...how I dearly desire for the Lord to Bless This Home. For Him to dwell here with us, in our home. For Him to be spoken of often, trusted in deeply, and prayed to without ceasing. I truly believe that when we invite Him in - when we simply ask Him - that He is present. That He delights in blessing our homes; our lives.
Blessings don't always come in the exact ways that we expect them to, but if we ask the Lord to Bless This Home - He will.
Full Disclosure: I was provided this artwork to review by DaySpring. I was not compensated in any other way for the review, and
all opinions expressed in this post are fully my own. This beautiful artwork is on sale during the month of May here.
No comments:
Post a Comment