Thursday, April 19, 2012

Week 1 at home

Our first week home with Porter has gone pretty well. Of course I'm quite sleep deprived (and have been for what feels like forever after spending continuous days and nights in the NICU), but for the most part things are going well. The kiddos are still in love with their new little brother...Ella Beth a little overly so at times. ;) They are big helpers when I ask them to hand me a diaper, gas drops, burp cloth, etc.

As with the older two, Porter has the dreaded reflux. But, lucky for us (I guess???) this seasoned Mama knows all of the signs so we have been through Zantac and have now moved on to Prevacid. Porter also has a milk protein allergy - aka, Mama can't eat anything. I'm starving all of the time b/c if it's not absolutely fresh (meat, veggies, fruit, nuts) then I can't eat it. I am astonished at all of the foods that milk/whey are in. This may end up being a very successful diet, but it ain't gonna be enjoyable!

OK, on with pictures. They are heavy on the tiny fella side, but goodness knows I have an over abundant supply of pics of his big sister and big brother. ;)

After a major spit up episode, Porter wanted to immediately nurse. He fell asleep before I could put clothes back on him. But I don't mind b/c I love naked babies. :)



Luckily for us, our dear friend Joanna loaned us this swing. It gets a lot of use since Porter needs to be held upright after his feedings. Otherwise things get messy. Very messy.

But there are times when he successfully naps in his bed. Ahhh, the peaceful slumber of a newborn baby.


This just made me laugh. :) Ella Beth and Landon were playing nearby, but Porter didn't seem to mind.

Oh, look. Here are those big siblings. We have tried getting into a new routine. Of course it is frequently interrupted by a tiny baby brother, but at least we are trying. (And note...getting back on track with school has proven to be a bit of a struggle. But, we are trying. And I'm trying not to give up.)

You'd think I posed this picture, but I didn't.

The aforementioned swing. Porter is in there somewhere! Now, I promise I fixed his hat as soon as I was done snapping a picture.


And my favorite picture from week 1. Not because of it's photo quality (obviously), but this picture shows just how tiny Porter is. I keep telling Scott that I think Porter is getting bigger. Apparently it's because I'm with him all day because this picture shows that he's still just as tiny as last week. ;)

Praying for patience about every 30 minutes, but enjoying being at home with all three kiddos together. It ain't easy, it ain't always pretty, I don't always get a shower, but it's life and it's family - and I love it!

No comments: