I remember asking one of the NICU nurses about a week in to Porter's stay, "Are we out of the woods?" and she replied, "Not yet." To be faced with that (all of the anxieties and stress that go with it), and now to be at home healthy and all together - there are no words.
It's still amazing to me that Porter is not even "supposed" to be here yet. He's still got another two weeks before his official due date. But here he is, almost 5 weeks old!
When I found out I was pregnant with Landon I remember weeping - I mean weeping - thinking that there was no way I could ever love another child as much as I loved Ella Beth. Boy was I an inexperienced mama! Love does not divide within your heart when you have more children. No, it multiplies beyond measure to encompass all of them. I love this tiny fella so much, and his place in our family is simply perfect. Surrounded by love...and LOTS of attention. :)
When Porter was still in the NICU and Ella Beth wanted to know how big he was, I told him that he was smaller than "Laney" (her Bitty Baby doll). Here at a month, he's still smaller - almost caught up in length, but no where close in torso or legs!
Speaking of legs...he's got some pretty long bird legs. ;) I tried everything I could to get him to turn his little head to face the camera, but he was not cooperating. Apparently I should have moved Landon's snack cup to the other side of his blanket!
If Ella Beth was allowed to hold Porter as often as she wanted, this would be the scene in our house all of the time. L-O-V-E it! All three of my babies just hanging out together. :)
Porter's favorite napping spot.
Tired and un-showered Mama with her tiniest love. :)
Porter at 1 month weighs 5 lbs, 8.5 oz.
(Not on the growth chart, but following his own curve consistently. Right now his personality is laid back like Landon's was as a newborn and his metabolism - and dreadful reflux - are just like Ella Beth's were as a newborn.)
1 comment:
Love all of these sweet pictures and love getting to see you and Porter each week!!
Post a Comment