Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Tidbits

I realized that I forgot to post a picture of the beautiful flowers that Scott had delivered for Valentine's Day.  I love carnations because they last for such a long time.  And, since I do not have a green thumb, that's good for me!




Dsc_0025























Ever since Ella Beth discovered her stuffed animals in her room, she has been all about playing with them.  Yesterday morning, this was the scene in our bathroom.  Ella Beth brought all of her animals to me so they could "get ready" with us.  They simply HAD to sit on the counter - just like Ella Beth.  Needless to say, Mommy didn't have much room to get herself ready with everyone taking up the space!
But, it's very cute to me how Ella Beth wants to include her animals in activities lately.  She likes to read to them, feed them, change their diapers, cover them up and put them to bed.  She has practiced very well on Baby Anna, now moving on to her animals, and hopefully being as sweet to her little brother in the very near future. ;)




Dsc_0001



















Dsc_0006














































Ella Beth is growing up so much these days.  She is becoming very independent.  Her most used phrase lately is, "Ella Beth do it."  Whether it's putting on her shoes & socks, brushing her hair, getting things out of the fridge, putting her buckle on in the car seat...it just doesn't matter.  You can only imagine how intriguing it makes my day.  For instance, diaper changes have become quite interesting!  However, it's fun to watch her grow and learn.  One of my favorite things that she does (and I will always cherish this memory):  Ella Beth has to wear her diapers in a certain order.  They go by characters.  We have to use all of Ernie, then Zoe, then Cookie Monster, and finally Elmo.  Well, a few weeks ago she wanted Ernie so I was going through her diapers and randomly said, "Let's see," as I picked through them to find Ernie.  Well, now Ella Beth has to choose her diaper.  As she picks through them, she says, "Let's see," over and over until she finds who she's looking for.  It is just so stinkin' cute and sweet.  She picks up on the cutest things, and it's so special that she wants to be just like Mommy.  I l-o-v-e it!




Dsc_0023















































Since Ella Beth has always been an animal lover, Scott and I have been teaching her the birds that we find in our yard.  Her favorite birds are Cardinals (male and female) and a Red-Bellied Woodpecker (we call him Woody).  Today, Ella Beth was watching the birds out the window.  She saw a Cardinal and got excited so she turned to tell me; when she looked back, he had flown away and Ella Beth said, "Where's the cardinal?" 




Dsc_0014









































Dsc_0015















































She amazes me at what she learns and how well she expresses her thoughts.  No one ever told me how much I would enjoy this aspect of motherhood.  I really only expected to relish in the "lovey moments" with my children (fun to say!).  Don't get me wrong, I live for her kisses and hugs and "I love yous," but I also live to watch her learn.  Right now she is all about Jesus.  How fun is that?!!  Her favorite song is Jesus Loves Me, and she wants to sing it over and over.  She gets Daddy to play it on the guitar, we play it in the car, and we sing it just about everywhere we go (even outloud in the grocery!).  I know she doesn't grasp the concept of who Jesus is and what an amazing sacrifice he paid for her, but we've got a good thing going.  I can't wait for her to learn even more about Jesus and God and how much they love her.




No comments: