Finally some progress! I went for my doctor's appointment today. I am 2 cm dilated and 60% effaced. The midwife that I saw today said, "Oh my goodness. He really is right there!" So, I'm crossing my fingers, toes, legs (well, figuratively anyway since I can't lift either one while sitting :) ), and eyes hoping that Landon comes soon. I just hurt so much "down there" that it makes just about everything I do very difficult. When I asked the midwife if there was anything I could do to help things along, she only recommended having sex. Oh the joys of the end of the 3rd trimester. That's what got me in this situation, and it may have to be what gets me out!
Yesterday, I had a reflexology appointment on my hands and feet. My friend, Laura, had it done and went into labor that evening. Not as lucky here, but it was still a nice pampering experience. Don't know if I was dilated any before the appointment or not, so I can't say if it was successful or not. However, if I don't go into labor on my own by my next doctor's appointment (Thursday), I'll be making another appointment to have my hands and feet done. Can't blame a girl for trying. :)
Still no talk of an induction this week because they seem to think I'll go on my own. That will be interesting. I just don't know what to expect. I would love for it to be exciting, but not so exciting that Landon is born on the side of 400!
I am loving the responses from Landon's Baby Poll. I'm really hoping that Ashley wins because her guess is this Sunday! There are quite a few guesses for a Leap Year Baby...I don't know how I feel about that! Hoping to post more progress soon, but we'll just have to wait and see.
No comments:
Post a Comment