Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Such un-welcomed drama

So...having a GI infection and being 36 weeks prego do NOT go together.  Scott came down with a mild stomach bug on Monday, but we kept our distance from one another.  It didn't work.  I was diagnosed with a severe GI infection yesterday which sent me into Pre-Term Labor.  I have never been so sick in my entire life.  Honestly.  I started having contractions around 2 PM, and by 6 PM they were constant and 10 minutes apart.  They lasted for about 3 1/2-4 hours.  I called the doctor at 3 when I realized that something was seriously wrong, and was immediately given an Rx for Phinigren to stop me from throwing up.  It didn't work.  I honestly got sick over 50 times between 2PM and 4:30 this morning.  If you think I'm exaggerating, just ask my sweet hubby who was taking care of me.  I am exhausted, weak, and tired this morning.  However, I am feeling dramatically better than I was yesterday.  I have drunk a gallon of Gatorade, but not much of it has stayed down.  So, our goal today (the doctor's and mine) is to keep as much Gatorade down as I can. 




Scott took Ella Beth to his parents' house for the day.  I would love to pick her up around lunch, but I'll just have to see how I feel.  There is no way that I want to chance her catching what I had. 




I am hoping to be off bed-rest by tomorrow since my contractions have subsided.  I have a shower this weekend being thrown by my sweet friends Jenny and Meredith that I simply must attend. :)




Anyway, thanks for the calls and emails checking up on me.  I really do appreciate them.  Hopefully, I'll be able to return all of them by the end of today.  Right now, I am going to try to eat a piece of toast.  Whoever thought that trying to eat a piece of toast would be so scary??!  Here's hoping it stays down.




Oh yeah...I totally forgot that I went for my Perinatal appointment yesterday morning.  Wow...it was an interesting day.  Everything looks good with Little Landon.  He is "small," but he's very healthy.  He is weighing in at 5 lbs, 4 oz which puts him at the 15-20 percentile for a fetus at 36 weeks.  (OKay, we've had lots of dealings with the whole percentile charts since Ella Beth is little, but I about cracked up when they brought out one for Landon.  It seems we just can't get away from them!)  The perinatologist says that there is concern when a baby is below the 10% or above the 90%.  So, with Landon at 15-20%, we're looking good.  Anyway, we are hoping that I make it until 37-38 weeks for an induction.  That should put Landon very close to Ella Beth's birth weight, so the concern of having to have a c-section is lifted for now.  Hoping it stays that way.  I am meeting with my regular doctor this Friday, and I'll let you know how it goes.




Toast, here I come.  Wish me luck.




No comments: