Not much to update. Landon is still "right there." My cervix hasn't dilated any, but it is "ripe." The doctor said that I could very well go early, and I'm hoping so. My iron is a little low, but it's probably from being so sick earlier this week. They are going to check it again next week to make sure that I'm not anemic. It seems a little late to worry about that anyway!
Well, here are my last belly-shots...at least they BETTER be my last!!! If I'm still prego in a month for more pics, I will be in the looney bin and won't be allowed to post shots. :) NOTE: I took these pictures myself so that I wouldn't forget. I had to run across the room and get in position. If anyone had been watching, I'm sure it was a sight. But...that's the reason they're not very good.
Ella Beth achieved a HUGE, GIGANTIC, ENORMOUS milestone today. When Scott dropped her off at Waumba Land for Sunday school, she did not cry!!! I stood in the hall, and just watched in amazement as Scott handed Ella Beth to Miss Tracey, and Ella Beth just reached out to her and went to Sunday school. It was HUGE in the lives of the Castleberry family. We were hoping to reach this milestone by her second birthday, but it has now been reached at 18 months. So wonderful! We talked over breakfast about going to church, and Ella Beth would say, "Goldfish and Jesus." She definitely knows what's important at Sunday school! ;) We are hoping that Sundays to come are just as great for Ella Beth.
I am feeling much better than I was a few days ago. I'm not getting sick anymore, but I am still feeling a bit weak and more tired than I was. I guess getting so sick at the end of pregnancy just drains what little energy is left. I could use a bit more patience with Ella Beth, so I would not mind a prayer or two. :) It seems as though she is "sensing" a big change to come with Mommy b/c she is being more clingy than ever...and that is A LOT. I'm just having a difficult time giving her every second of my attention that she wants b/c I have so many things to do. However, I am also trying to cherish these last days with just my baby girl because I know I will never have them back. It's just such a hard transition. Oh boy, here come some emotions. Going to go kiss my baby girl...


2 comments:
It is a very tough transition - physically, emotionally, mentally - going from being the Mama of one to the Mama of two. I had huge, great, overwhelming anxiety just before Christian was born. I was just so worried about it all - how would Ansley react, how would I do with two - but I've found that it's definitely, completely, 100% worth it. Having two is wonderful, such a huge blessing. You will see - maybe not RIGHT away, but it will come. ;) Praying for a smooth transition for all of you!
PS That is huge! I remember when Ansley did that for the first time, and I was SO relieved!! :) YAY Ella Beth!
CUTE haircut! I've been trying to get up the courage to do that myself lately! So cute. The transition may not be as hard or as tough as you imagine it now. Everyone is different. For me, it just wasn't nearly as bad as I had imagined it, but yet I know for many it is as bad and sometimes worse as they imagine it to be. Either way, it will all work out and you will find what works for you. Like Megan said, having two is SO wonderful and such a blessing, and it may not come right away, but then again it just might too. Paige was well over 2 before she did that for the first time, so I do relate to what a huge milestone that is at just 18 months! Way to go Ella Beth!
Post a Comment