Well, well, well. Of all the appointments, this has been the most interesting (and longest) of this pregnancy. I actually saw 4 different doctors/nurses/midwives this morning. I had an ultrasound to determine how Landon and I are growing. Apparently, we're not growing much. I lost a pound. Landon and I both measured 32 weeks today, which is 3-4 weeks behind where I am in pregnancy. (They have concluded that they can't really determine my due date all of a sudden.) Anyway, my cervix hasn't dilated, but I am "thin" and almost 50% effaced. The doctor said that Landon is "right there" and "the only thing keeping him in, is that my cervix hasn't dilated more." Okay. Interesting.
Landon and I are having another "test" at the Perinatal Center on Tuesday. They want to make sure that everything is okay in case he does come, or they decide they need to induce me, within the next 2 or 3 weeks. Apparently, my body just gets to a point where it just can't grow any more. I did this with Ella Beth, too. However, since my body never showed signs of progression the way it is with this pregnancy I didn't have to do these special tests. I am sure things are all fine, but I am thankful that I have doctors and midwives who really do look out for our best interests. Can I also say, that I'm glad to know that
my misery isn't all in my head. I have been in such discomfort for the
last two weeks; it's just nice to know that I'm not a weeny. :) I am relieved to know that Landon isn't a "big baby," too. Hopefully, that will make labor and delivery as wonderful this go 'round as it was with Ella Beth. People think I'm crazy, but that's what I'm looking forward to the most. It was just such a fantastic experience with Ella Beth, that I am so excited about being in the hospital and giving birth!
I'll be sure to post an update next week after my perinatal appointment.
This weekend, my friend Ashley and I are going on a women's retreat at Berry College - my old stomping grounds! It is the Cup of Joy retreat, and it is supposed to be wonderful. I can't wait to share how it goes and what I learn.
Hope you all have a lovely weekend. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment