Friday, November 2, 2007

Halloween and Anxieties

HALLOWEEN



Ella Beth had a blast as Tinkerbell for Halloween. She was the cutest little thing I've ever seen! I call her "Tink" as a nickname all the time, so her costume was more than appropriate! Dsc_0017

She had such a big time running around with all of our cousins. She thought she was just as big as they were, and tried to do everything they did. We had a time keeping up with her as she ran all over the place! Dsc_0085



Dsc_0034_2



Dsc_0043



I love this picture of Ella Beth trick-or-treating with Scott. She just looks so tiny! Dsc_0098



Dsc_0115_2



ANXIETIES



I've noticed that I have pretty specific anxieties concerning the arrival of Landon. Maybe if I express them, they won't make me as anxious. Maybe if I express them, someone can give me some idea of a solution to one, or more, of them.



1) When will I get a shower? I am one of those people who HAS to have a shower each morning. When will I do this? If I don't get a shower, I feel miserable...dirty, ugly, gross. It is something that HAS to be done. I am not one of those people who can get a shower at night.



2) When will I exercise? Now that the weather is cooling off, I'm finding it difficult to find a good time to exercise, and I only have Ella Beth. We used to walk every morning, but now it's too cool to get her out. And, since I have to have a shower in the morning, it seems pointless to exercise in the afternoon b/c then I'll be all gross again.



3) How will I get two little ones to sleep? Ella Beth was doing so well about going to sleep on her own, but something changed and molars started popping in...now bedtime/naptime isn't as easy. Sometimes it's a struggle. What will I do with Landon while I'm getting Ella Beth down? We plan to start earlier with Landon and "sleep-training," but we need to get some control over Ella Beth's sleep habits now.



4) When will I go to the grocery store? How will I go to the grocery store?



It's these four things that really cause my heart to be anxious. I pray about them, but goodness...the unknown...knowing how difficult it will be...it's hard.



Any thoughts are welcome. :)



3 comments:

Ally said...

I can only imagine what you're feeling. I've thought about much the same things when we decide to have our #2.
For exercise, since it's so cool in the mornings, I moved our walking time to afternoon, after 4pm. It's been nice, but once it gets cooler all day, I'm not sure...maybe go to an indoor mall and walk. I guess I'll be on the old treadmill.
For grocery shopping, I've thought about that. You could put Ella Beth in the cart and carry Landon in a sling or other carrier. I have the Moby Wrap. It's very versitile and Peyton still likes it. I have to put him in it so I can vaccuum (he hates the vaccuum).

Ashley said...

I know that Megan does what Ally is talking about at the grocery store. Ansley rides in the car part of the shopping cart and Megan held Christian in the Baby bjorn (or like product). Maybe you could move your showers to the evenings when both are in bed until things get a little more manageable to move it back to the mornings. Showers in the evening actually can help you relax better. As far as exercise can't help you there b/c unfortunately I don't make it a priority. And as far as sleeping - I would also ask Laura or Megan...those with two!

megan said...

I worried about lots of things before Christian came, and you'll find, just like with Ella Beth, that things just fall into place and you get a pattern to your days. I am the same way - I absolutely must have a shower in the mornings. Fortunately for me, my kids are good sleepers, so I have always been able to get up and get showers before they wake up. If that's not possible, you could put on a video or tv program for Ella Beth and put Landon in the bouncey while you are in the shower. Exercise - you could wait til your husband gets home, hand over EB and take the baby for a walk around the neighborhood. Or after the kids go to bed - that's probably not ideal, but it might work until you can get a more predictable routine. Putting them to sleep - is your husband home when they go to bed? John and I each have one for putting to bed, but when he isn't home I've had to put C in his crib while I put A down (he doesn't like it, but what else can i do?). And grocery shopping - yes in the beginning I would put C in the sling and A would be in the cart. But now, I wait for the weekends and go by myself. C is getting too heavy! anyway, just what works for me, but like i said don't stress about it too much because really things will fall into place and you'll have it figured out in no time. Then you'll forget what it was like with one! ;)