Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I'm WHAT?!?!

(I'll post a belly shot later today or tomorrow when Scott gets a chance to take a picture.)



I'm in my THIRD TRIMESTER. Already. Already???? Oh my word! Today marks the beginning of my last trimester, and I can hardly believe it. I guess since I was almost 10 weeks pregnant when we found out, time has just flown by. It's hard to believe that it's been a month since we found out that Landon is a boy. When I was at the doctor yesterday for my monthly check-up, he informed me that in four weeks I start coming in every other week. I about passed out! It's just so hard to believe that I'm in the home-stretch. That excites and terrifies me at the same time.



My appointment went well yesterday. My OB even gave me some medicine for my sinus infection, which I can tell has already taken effect. Now, if we can just get Ella Beth some relief things will really improve. The poor little thing has such a bad cold...again. I didn't post this earlier, but here's how she got so sick: We went in to the doctor for her "rash" (aka - hives). We had to wait over an HOUR in the waiting room - I'm not exaggerating. Our OLD pediatrician's office didn't have separate "sick" and "well" seating areas, so Ella Beth was exposed to so many kids that day who were coughing, sneezing, wheezing, snotty, you name it. That's where she got her sickness from. What made it even worse is that when we finally saw the doctor (45 minutes after we were put in a room - still not exaggerating), she told us that hives are the only "rash that moves." Which means that when I had called the day before about Ella Beth's rash, they could have diagnosed her over the phone. To top it off, she was put on Claritin - an Over The Counter medicine. So the whole 2 hours at the doctor were worthless, and ended up causing Ella Beth to be very sick. Grrrrr. Does anyone question why we changed pediatricians???



Anyway...back to my appointment yesterday. Despite the fact that I feel bigger than I should, I am measuring a little small (only one cm.). My doctor said that when I stand up I may feel bigger, but the only way to tell for sure is to measure lying down - which I can't really do. So I just took his word for it. Landon's heartbeat is between 150-153, which they say is a bit high for a boy. I didn't need their doppler machine to tell me that becaue I know how active he is! Just like Ella Beth was. Oh boy...if he is as active out of my tummy as Ella Beth has been since the day she was born...I'm in for it! I have not even thought about worrying how to get off my baby weight. It should come off just fine chasing Ella Beth and taking care of Landon! Speaking of weight - I gained 4 pounds since my last appointment. It's funny - the month before I felt sure that I had gained a lot and I only gained 1 pound; this month I felt that I hadn't really gained much and I gained 4 pounds. I guess there's just no way to tell. Well, the 4 pounds puts me at 13 total pounds gained.



Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends. Thanksgiving is such a great holiday. Even though I am thankful each day for the blessings in my life, it's nice to really reflect on them. I am so blessed as a wife and mother to have Scott and Ella Beth brighten my days. I'm blessed by family who love me and that I am granted more time with them each day. And I am so blessed to have a Savior who has forgiven me and calls me His Own. I hope each and every one of you are able to enjoy this holiday with those you love. For some it will be a reminder of the ones we've lost, but remember and be thankful for the time that we did have with them. And REJOICE that they are at home with our Savior! HAPPY THANKSGIVING.



1 comment:

angie said...

Glad to hear your appointment went well. Girl, you are so tiny..well compared to how much weight I have gained. HA! see you soon.