This has been one of the worst days that I can remember. I feel the need to vent so that maybe someone will say a prayer for me that the rest of the day and week will improve.
I have been sick for about 4 days now. It started out as a cold, but has become a bad sinus infection. Since I can't take any of the prescription drugs (I'm very sensitive to them while prego), I have to rely on Contac or Tylenol Severe Sinus. The Contac works okay during the day...at night it's as if I've taken nothing. I have been coughing all night, blowing my nose all night, and not sleeping. Which doesn't make for a good morning. To top it off, I've been incredibly constipated despite the fact that I've been taking fiber supplements every morning (now...I warned you that it might be too much info for some. Turn back now if you want.) So before bed, I took a Dulcalax laxitive. I hate laxitives, but what else is there to do sometimes?
Okay...here's where a bad day gets worse. So, I wake up feeling awful. I research some "at home care" for sinus infections on Web MD. It said to take a hot, steamy shower. So I took as hot of a shower that Landon and I could stand. I felt maybe 10% better. But I was clean, so that was a good thing. Well, we put our house on the market yesterday. As I am finishing buckling Ella Beth into her carseat, Century 21 calls to say that they are missing 1 sheet from the 15 that we had to fax yesterday. Well, I knew that if I got Ella Beth out of her carseat she would not get back in. So I put on the ABC's and went upstairs to fax the missing sheet. Of course, Ella Beth was none to happy to be left alone in the car...but what was I to do?
The reason I was leaving the house at all was because I needed to get some Tylenol Severe Sinus since the Contac isn't working. A good enough reason to have to leave. So I thought.
Well, I needed to run by the bank to get money out of the ATM. We were just issued a new ATM card, and I needed to activate it. Since it was the first time I had used it, the machine gave me the option of changing my PIN. Well, yes I would like to change it b/c I can't remember their random number. So I changed it. When I go to make a withdrawl, it tells me that my PIN is wrong and to try again. I did. 7 times. Neither the number that they originally issued worked, nor did my new one work. The lady behind me at the ATM actually honked her horn and told me to move. I was about in tears. So, I pull around to go into the bank. I get Ella Beth out of her carseat only to find that her diaper has leaked. Her pants are soaked. The seat is soaked. Keeps getting better. So, I change her diaper and pants. I go into the bank where they notify me that they will have to send off and order another PIN for me. I have to fill out some paperwork. I'm holding a very squirmy Ella Beth during all of this.
So, then it's off to Home Depot. Scott called and asked if I could pick something up for him. Sure. Why not. I kid you not - I ask 5 different people to help me find a "Gromet Cover" (it's the cover that goes in the back of a cabinet or desk to thread wires through). 5 different people WHO WORK AT HOME DEPOT don't know what I am talking about. To make it worse, none of them try to help me. They just say, "I just don't know what you're talking about," and walk off. Nice. I finally find where the gromet covers should be (after calling Scott to ask him...even though he doesn't work at HD). When I find the section, can you believe that they are all out? Lovely.
Well, then it's off to Wal-Mart where I need about 15 items and Tylenol. I start on my journey and my stomach starts to hurt. Oh yeah...now I remember...I took one of those lovely laxitives last night. Great. I go to the bathroom. I finish my shopping and make it to my car, only to have my stomach tell me that it's not feeling well. I think to myself, "Why did I even bother leaving the house?" I go back in Wal-Mart and the bathroom in the front is "Closed for Cleaning." OH MY WORD. I barely make it to the back of the store to the bathroom. Has anyone tried going to the bathroom in a public restroom with a 15 month old? When you're tummy is in trouble, it is no fun.
So, I finally make it home. I'm not leaving again today.
4 comments:
Oh, Amber! I feel for you! I've often thought if we could only have a handful of call in sick days as stay at home moms, it would help so much. I recommend calling a friend the next time you need something and asking them to pick it up for you - it's helped me out many times when I'm feeling yuck. I hope you feel better soon!!
I'm so sorry you've been sick and for a rotten day. I'm saying a prayer for you right now...
I am so so so sorry. How frustrating and exhausting - all while not feeling great. Did y'all decide to go with a realtor or the Century21clickit suggestion? I hope your day got better (and that Scott gave you an extra long hug when he got home).
Oh my goodness! What a day! I actually just got done sending you an e-mail to see how your weekend was, but I guess you were sick. Yuck. Hope you are feeling better!
Post a Comment