So my friend, Ashley, posted her "looking back" memories and encouraged me to follow suit. Oh boy...here goes:
10 years ago: I was a freshman at Berry College. I had a good friend from high school as a roomie. She got a little too carried away with the party scene, so I was a DD more times than I care to remember. It's interesting that even in college surrounded by SO many people drinking, I never once even felt the temptation to drink. I don't know what it was in me either, but I sure hope to pass that on to my own kiddos. I had viral meningitis during my first semester, and I missed two weeks of classes (which was a huge deal b/c from Kindergarten until graduation I never missed a single day of school...you can ask my mom!). I had to stay in the clinic on "confinement" so that I wouldn't pass on any germs to anyone. I had really awesome professors (all but one) who would visit with me for a little while and bring my assignments twice a week...many of which I never really had to do. :)
5 years ago: I was dating my husband - how fun is that to say! I was teaching 6th grade at Otwell Middle School to a strange bunch of kids. We had some who were really sweet, and we had some girls that were the most stuck up that I have ever known. Thank goodness none of my other years of teaching had to deal with such girl drama. Yuck! I bought my first vehicle - a black Nissan Xterra. Hated it. It was just not a comfortable ride. However, it did whet my taste for SUVs...and I'll never go back!
1 year ago: I was the mother of a 2 month old with horrible GERD. She had yet to be put on the correct medicine, and I bounced and walked her around the house for hours and hours each day. She hated her swing, as most babies with GERD do (don't ask me why...my pediatrician just told me that), so I was her only comfort. I remember Scott coming home and I would meet him at the top of the stairs just holding Ella Beth out to him. He would say, "Let me wash my hands and change my shirt." I would always reply, "Please hurry." It's interesting that such a trying time can really lend itself to bonding. Ella Beth has been glued to me since the day she came home from the hospital. I never really liked for anyone else to hold her...and still don't in some ways. I think about that when I look ahead to the arrival of baby 2. Will I be like that with this baby? How will I hold Ella Beth? I guess that is why God gave me two arms. :)
1 month ago: I was enjoying cooler Fall weather. It was nice all day, and never got too hot in the afternoon. I'm wishing those days back!
1 week ago: I drove out to Publix to pick up a turkey sub for lunch. I have been craving Publix subs now for about 3 weeks. Subway will not do. It's always the same: Publix turkey on wheat, lots of lettuce, a little bit of oil, salt, and pepper - nothing else. I always pick up some chicken fingers for Ella Beth - Publix has the best. The breading just falls off, and all that is left is delicious white chicken. Ella Beth eats them up!
1 day ago: I had a friend call me and ask me to take pictures of her 1 month old for birth announcements. I am very excited. I go over there tomorrow afternoon. I can't wait to meet Marissa and catch up with her mommy and daddy. I'll be sure to share a few good pics. :)
1 hour ago: We were getting Ella Beth ready for her bath. She had her nightly "naked baby alert" where she runs around the house completely naked. It is my FAVORITE time of each day! She just laughs as she runs around, and I go behind her tapping her booty! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. :)
So that's my history in a very brief nutshell. Thinking back 10 years really makes me realize how much time has gone by. I just love getting older. I hope I always will.
1 comment:
I didn't know you went to Berry : ). I went to Shorter in good old Rome, too. I spent many nights as a DD also. By the way, the pictures of Ella Beth at Kinsey farm are awesome!
Post a Comment