Thursday, October 18, 2007

Confessions and Molars

Okay, so I feel as though I need to submit myself to Parenting Magazine's "Confession of the Month" column. I clean Ella Beth's high chair after every meal and snack. Honestly - ask Scott. However, I've never thought to clean under the seat mat. There is just the ONE TINY hole where the buckle comes through, so I never imagined that stuff actually got in there. Oh My Word!!! When I took the high chair outside on the deck yesterday to rid it of cracker crumbs (the worst!), I decided to just wipe under the seat for good measure. Oh My Word!!! There were things under there that Ella Beth hasn't eaten in weeks...dried peas, hardened mac-n-cheese, fig newton goo, yuck! How in the world did that stuff get there? I'm telling you, the buckle hole just isn't big, and the thing is taken up with the buckle! Well, now here's a dare for you: Go look under your seat cover and see what you find!



Molars...oh molars...why do you show up now? Ella Beth has been sleeping beautifully, and then you come a ruin it. Of course, all of Ella Beth's teeth have come in one-at-a-time. Not surprising that her molars would do the same. Her bottom right molar is almost half-way through, her bottom left molar is swollen, and her top molars are non-existent. Which means we have to go through the cutting of molars FOUR times. It's been rough. Since molars have 4 points, that means that they have to break through the gums 4 times...and not at the same time in Ella Beth's mouth. Poor little girl. She has a fever, as with every tooth, and I'm guessing that her fever will be around for at least a week or two. With her last two teeth, she had a fever for 11 days. It never gets in the "dangerous" category, but it's enough that the doctor tells us to give her a fever-reducer (Tylenol) during the day and ibuprofen at night. Say a prayer for the three of us if you remember. We would all appreciate it. :)



And...due to a majority of "yes" responses via comments, emails, and even a few phone calls (all except my mom...sorry mom), we will share our baby's name next Tuesday. There are only 2 people who think this baby is a boy - one being my 4-year old neice. We'll see if majority rules there. Can't wait to find out and let everyone know! I'll be sending out a belly shot soon. Maybe tomorrow if I remember to get Scott to take it. Seeing as how I didn't remember yesterday or today, don't hold your breath! However, if you've seen me lately, you know that my belly has offically "popped". This little one is super active, so I wouldn't be surprised if we see my belly start to move soon. This baby is already more active than Ella Beth was...and I always felt as though Ella Beth was swimming laps constantly. This baby must be training for a marathon. We are in for it come March!



No comments: