Scott designed the kitchen for a house in Oak Forest (a very upscale subdivision in Dawson County), and was doing some work there Saturday morning. Well, he had forgotten something at home, so Ella Beth and I drove over to the house. You can't imagine the size of the house - you just can't! It's 3 stories on a full basement. We're talking about a 10,000 sq. ft. house. And, guess who will be living there??? A family of 8, maybe? Oh no...two people in their 60's. CRAZY!!! Why in the world would they want to have to climb 3 floors of stairs to get to places in their house - not including the basement?!? I just don't understand. However, the view from the 4th floor (3rd floor on basement) is amazing. You can see NC from up there, and I'm not exaggerating! The mountain view is amazing! Here are some pictures that I took of the kitchen that Scott worked hard on. The kitchen has every up-grade you can imagine. It has things I've never even heard of...such as a vent that comes up out of the granite for the stove-top and a warming oven to place food in once it's out of the TWO ovens. Don't even get me started!
(don't know why the second picture won't post vertically)
Anyway, we had a wonderful weekend as a family. We didn't really do anything exciting, but it was just a really nice weekend. It has been a little warm again lately, but the days were definitely beautiful. Scott and I also got to serve on Host Team together for the first time Sunday morning. It was fun to do that together, but it will be a while before we are able to again. Here's a funny story...once we were "relieved" of our Hosting duties, I had to go back inside to pick up my purse. Scott was in charge of watching Ella Beth. Well, I come out about 5 minutes later and see him over to the left talking to our friend Jennifer and a student that they had both taught. Where is Ella Beth??? She is about 15 feet away with her face COVERED IN MUD. If only I had a camera that I carried everywhere!!! She had discovered a patch of dirt that quickly turned into mud with her slobbery hands. It was way too funny to get upset - especially since the shirt Ella Beth was wearing was brown with pink flowers (had it been her light green dress from Pottery Barn Kids, it may have been a different story). We just laughed at the sight of her! She's a cutie even covered in mud. :)
Oh yeah...I've updated some recent photos of Ella Beth in the "growing up" album!


No comments:
Post a Comment