So I've never done anything like blogging before, but a friend suggested that I try it out since I was telling her that sometimes I just want to talk...but with an 8-month old as my only audience most of the day...well, you get the drift. I don't want anyone to think that I don't talk to my cute hubbie, but after he's had a long day at work I feel a little bad bombarding him with all of the "stuff" that I've kept inside all day! My friend convinced me that this would be a wonderful "out" (and my hubbie can always keep up at his own leisure). :)
Well, in the last week something wonderful has happened to me twice. While at the grocery store/grocery store parking lot two complete strangers have shown true kindness. At Wal-mart last week, an older gentleman unloaded my grocery cart for me. I had Ella Beth in her front carrier, and as you moms know, bending over is quite a challenge! The man was from Germany, and he told me that where he was from no one ever helped out a stranger, but he wanted to change that since he moved to the States. Then today, I again had Ella Beth in the front carrier (definitely in the top 10 inventions) and I was unloading my groceries into my car. Well, the wind was so crazy that it was actually carrying my cart off! While I was chashing after it, a kind lady came up to me and told me that she would load
all of the groceries into my car. Umm, can anyone say an act of service?! It just made me so happy inside to know that among all of the yuck in the world, there is still a lot of good. How blessed am I to have it shown to me twice in one week! It just reminds me of the role our Savior took as a servant to show His love for us. I hope that in the near future I have the opportunity to serve someone, too.
2 comments:
LOVE every minute of your blog Amber! I need to subscribe b/c I'll forget the address b/c I seem to forget everything as a mommy these days! Hugs to the princess!!!!!
I think this is a wonderful idea! This way I can keep up with you between our once a week chats. Also, never thought of using the front carrier at the grocery store...love it!
Post a Comment