Thursday, April 26, 2007

Confessions and Carseat Moments

I have a confession to make.  I like cartoons.  How did this happen???  The sad part is that Ella Beth has no interest in them (other than when they sing).  Today, Ella Beth was down for a nap and I decided to grab a bite for lunch.  Instead of sitting in complete silence to eat, I turned the TV on and immediately turned to the Disney channel.  The funny thing is that I didn't even notice what I had done until half way through my lunch when I said (out loud), "Oh my word, I'm watching Higglytown Heroes" - I was even enjoying myself.  What has happened to me?!!  I guess it was inevitable that my fondness for cartoons would someday return, but I never expected to really look forward to them!  Can I make another confession and say that I am looking forward to the new cartoon "My Friends Tigger and Pooh" that starts in May?  Oh boy...I think I need more free time. :)



If there was anywhere I wish I could hide a camera and have it go off on my command it would be in the car.  I love watching Ella Beth play in the rear view mirror; yes, I watch the road, too!  She is so stinking cute when she is talking to herself and "reading" her books.  She is also absolutely precious when she is just sitting quietly and taking everything in.  Today, she dropped all of her toys over the side of her carseat and  decided that her pant leg would be a fine toy.  HILARIOUS!  I laughed out loud watching her try to pick up her leg so that she could get her pant leg into her mouth.  She got so frustrated being buckled in, and the faces she made were priceless!  It's simple moments like these that I want to capture in my memory forever.  Does anyone have a suggestion of how to go about that?



2 comments:

Ashley Jansen said...

I love reading your blog - I'm just now having a chance to catch up on all my friends blogs. I added yours as a link to mine so others could come and enjoy as well. Thanks so much for your message - I really appreciate you checking in on me. I can't wait to see you next week. I'm going to go take a nap now :)

Megan said...

hey Amber! It's Megan (from Bunco, but I moved to TN). I saw your link on Ashley's blog and didn't know you had a blog, so thought I'd check it out. Ella Beth is so cute, and I can relate to so much that you talk about! The wondering if you love her too much hit me - I've actually wondered that before, and always wondered if anyone else thought that! ;) I even worried that I wouldn't love my second as much as my first, but that was definitely a silly fear. There's room in my heart for both - but you're right, sometimes I feel it might explode! Anyway, just wanted to say hi and that I enjoyed catching up with you!