Saturday, April 14, 2007
4 Whole Ounces!
Who would have ever thought that 4 ounces could make someone so happy, but when Birdie went in for a "weigh in" today we were all happy! She is now 14 lbs, 2 oz. :) It's still not up to her weight in March of 14 lbs, 8 oz, but at least she is gaining and not losing weight! Of course she is still way below the chart, but we wouldn't want her to jump up to the 50th percentile in two weeks! Speaking of "the chart," I have done quite a bit of research in the last couple of weeks in regard to it and what I found was pretty interesting. Did you know that the Growth Chart that is used in the United States is based soley on formula-fed babies? In Europe, they have two growth charts - one for formula-fed babies and one for those who are breast-fed. Why don't we? That's a good question, and it is actually somewhat of a hot topic in the world of pediatricians these days. Birdie is still "under" the chart for breast-fed babies, but not quite as much. In doing my research I found that I am not nearly as concerned as I was. Scott is very lean, I am petite, so it's really no surprise that our little girl is a little squirt! She's healthy, growing (smarter and cuter :) every day, and is happy. What more could we ask for?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment