It's so funny how the simplest things can amuse a baby. Ella Beth has so many toys to play with, but right now her favorite things are my chapstick (closed, of course), her tiny socks, and old magazines that she is able to shred into many, many pieces on my newly vacuumed floor. :) I love to watch her play like this because these are the unscripted memories that I will always cherish of my daughter. Her face lights up with pure excitement that no Baby Genius could conjure up. We visited with my friend Jessica today and her little boy, Cade. His excitement at the "little things" was also precious. He loves any kind of ball that he can throw or roll around. I loved that when he was excited there was no missing it...his mouth was open as far it would open and his eyes were beams of light! I think people could learn a lot about happiness from watching babies enjoy themselves. I know that Ella Beth teaches me every day.
What's even more precious is that God has intrusted this petite beauty (I know...I'm biased) to me...ME. When I try to comprehend how much I love her, it's overwhelming. When she laughs, I can honestly feel my heart smile; when she cries, I feel my heart ache. I can't imagine what God feels for us. As I pray over Ella Beth each night when I lay her in her crib, I thank God that He loves her even more than I do. I wasn't one to shed many tears during my pregnancy, but one time last summer while I was pregnant I cried while I was at church. It was the realization that Jesus died for Ella Beth who wasn't even out into the world yet. At that moment I learned more about the extent of God's love than ever before. He wanted so much for Ella Beth to be His, that even before she took her first breath Jesus has already claimed her. Our God is good.
Okay, I'm going to bed now before I get so emotional that I feel the need to go wake Ella Beth up from "sleepy town!"
No comments:
Post a Comment