It's funny how time flies so quickly now that I have Ella Beth. A friend of mine was retelling her first newborn "explosion" moment and I realized that it's been FOREVER since Ella Beth has had an explosive diaper, let alone a true explosion right on the changing table. Can you believe I actually miss that?!?! Weird, but I do. Ella Beth has grown and changed so much, but I love each day more than the one before. At 8 1/2 months old, she is such a joy. She is standing now for as long as 45 seconds at a time and has even tried taking a few steps. Am I ready for this new leap? I feel not, but somehow I know that I will be ready when she starts walking towards me. That's how it's been. I have felt so reserved at the changes that "will come," but once they do I embrace them and cherish them as I did her first smile and her first coo. My friend Mere asks me questions sometimes that I miss asking, "Is it okay that his poop is green???" "Did Ella Beth ever_____?" Somehow, at some point, I became a true mother and an expert at Ella Beth. I kind of miss the unknown, but not as much as I enjoy the right now. She has truly taught me how to live in the moment.
Who ever invented "play dates" was a saint. :) We had a play date today with Jennifer and her little girl Ava who is 3 weeks older than Ella Beth. It's funny how these play dates aren't just for us mommies any more...Ella Beth and Ava actually enjoy one another's company, too. It's fun watching little ones interact and learn from one another; it's also so enjoyable to have adult conversation with a sweet friend who's "been there, done that!" Can't wait to play again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment