Thank goodness for the return of Spring! It was so wonderful to get out today and enjoy the great outdoors - especially after a long, rough night. For some reason, Ella Beth was very upset last night and would not sleep well. She went to sleep (1st time) at 8:10, which is her normal time. At 8:50, I was nursing her again thinking that she fell asleep too quickly and was still hungry. Well, that idea was shot down when she woke again 30 minutes later and would not settle down. She screamed, cried, fussed, calmed down, screamed until 1:19 AM...yes, that's morning. It was an insane hour that I have not experienced in a long time. Scott and I took shifts trading off our screaming daughter. We walked her, rocked her, sang to her, changed her diaper, laid with her - can I be honest and say that I actually got in the crib with her. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Well, we summed it up determining that her tummy was hurting her; when all other options don't pan out, always go with gas! Needless to say, the beauty of today was greatly appreciated. We went for a walk this morning. Ella Beth was asleep before I even got going.
Have you ever noticed how sweet babies are when they sleep? Maybe it's just because I was deprived of sleep last night and was envious, but watching her sleep still melts my heart. She is so still and peaceful, and she pooches her plump lips out. I have to refrain myself from kissing them because I have been known, on more than one occassion, to wake her up with kisses. I actucally caught myself wondering if I can love her too much. Do you think that is possible? I am consumed with love for her that I feel my heart could actually explode. I don't know how you moms of multiple kids do it...your hearts must be so swollen. :)
One last thing...Ella Beth has the craziest hair when she wakes up. This picture was not altered or enhanced in any way - no gel or hairspray was used. Some how she squirms and squirms while she sleeps and her hair actually looks like this most mornings! LOVE IT!
1 comment:
hope you all had a better day today.
Post a Comment