The rhythm of my heart starts at the beginning of each day. As I wake and roll over in my bed, the choice is mine.
It's a hard choice to make most mornings, I'll be honest there. 9 out of 10 mornings, I'd rather turn the alarm off and go back to sleep. Goodness knows I can always use extra rest! But when I choose extra sleep instead of purposefully starting my day, my rhythm is always off.
There are so many instances in the Bible of God meeting with His children in the morning. I don't think that's a coincidence. Our hearts and minds are empty each morning, waiting to be filled with something. When I choose to fill my heart and mind with God's love and His promises each morning, the rhythm of my day is so, so, so much better. I've had "Me Time," so I feel able to freely lavish time and energy on my three kiddos. I've been filled with grace and love and {gasp!} patience, so I have much more to give my children.
The rhythm of Mama's day so often sets the rhythm of my family's day. I don't want to take that lightly.
--
Linked up with Lisa Jo's Five Minute Fridays
4 comments:
"The rhythm of Mama’s day so often sets the rhythm of my family’s day." So true. So very true! We'd love to have your kids join us for FMF Kids' Edition over at Desperate Homeschoolers. It's lots of fun!
Tina
Dear Amber
Oh yes, that early morning hours that we spend in our Lord Jesus' presence, not even saying much but just being!! I so enjoy that time.
Much love XX
Mia
Oh, this is so true! I can get all out of sync with my rhythm when I don't rise first thing in the morning and get into God's presence. Have a blessed weekend.
Me too! Well said...I love the quiet of the first fruits of the morning with Love enough and power for the rest of my day!
Post a Comment