Friday, June 7, 2013

The Baby

The Baby is growing up these days. Most of the time I'm OK with it, but there are days when my heart aches knowing that he, too, will soon be "too old" to cuddle, will be disobedient, and will require discipline. Sigh. The life of motherhood.

For now, I am relishing in his sweetness. That's not to say that the Peanut can't be whiny (believe he can), but for the most part he is just an easy and happy baby. It's about time I got one of those!! ;)

My mother-in-law (who has raised 11+ kids) tells me again and again how she has never known a baby to entertain him/herself like the Peanut can. As a homeschoolin' mama, this has come in handy and is greatly appreciated.........while it lasts. You can repeatedly find him playing and talking to himself in a room, and then he will just break out into laughter. Laughing at himself or at his toys, we don't know, but it sure is a funny sight!

It wasn't easy, but the other day I sneaked up on Peanut while he was in his room playing/talking to his stuffed animals.

DSC_0040

DSC_0008

DSC_0009

DSC_0012

Laughing with his eyes closed at something that really tickled him. :)

DSC_0011

He turned his head, but I love this picture because I can just see how his little shoulders were going up and down because he was laughing so hard!

DSC_0017

And then Mama let a laugh slip out, and I was caught!

DSC_0014

It was fun while it lasted! And then it was time to put some clothes on.

peanut1

peanut2

All that laughing and playing tired this little fella out. Time for a nap, sweet boy.

sleepyboy

2 comments:

Rachael Walkup said...

I love this post. Sweet Peanut looks adorable as usual :)

Mimi said...

Enjoyed the weekend with you all. Love to hear our little Peanut giggle and laugh. Love to all, momma