Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Outer Banks, part 1

We had such a wonderful and memorable vacation this year! We were blessed to be able to go to the Outer Banks due to the generosity of some wonderful people that Scott worked for earlier in the year. We stayed in a gorgeous house directly on the beach. We had our own private pool, three stories of fun, a hammock, more bedrooms than we needed, bunk beds, a huge kitchen...it goes on and on! To say that we have been spoiled by this vacation would be an understatement!!

I have still not gone through all of my pictures (because there are close to 2000 of them and with three kiddos I just can't find the time), but I want to make sure I don't forget any of the fun details.

The first two days of our vacation were overcast - which Scott prefers. The last six days of our vacation were full of sunshine and hot temperatures - which I prefer (at the beach at least!).



Ella Beth jumped right into the ocean as if she never left it last year. She is such a brave girl, and she goes all in with just about everything.


Landon started asking about a month before our trip if there were going to be jellyfish at the beach. Poor fella. He remembered being stung last year. So, he was quite timid of the ocean for the first 1/2 of the week. He watched Ella Beth from the sidelines while he warmed up to the ocean.
 
 

If the "theme" of last year's trip was sand dollars and turtles, the "theme" of this year would easily be crabs. They were everywhere. The kiddos and their daddy got a kick out of them. Me? I just squealed as they ran past my toes!
 


Porter had his first "dip" in the ocean. Those sweet toes wiggled all around in the sand and water. :)


Our week started off fantastic and the fun continued all week long......

No comments: