Monday, October 22, 2012

Baseball Celebration

Of the things that I enjoyed about Landon's first baseball season, the one thing that really sticks out to me is how the focus of Landon's team was about having fun. We played a couple of teams that had very "intense" coaches. And while I appreciate the time and effort those coaches obviously put forth, at the end of the season the boys are still only 4 and 5 years old. I am so glad that Landon had fun and now looks forward to playing again in the spring! For me, I simply want my kiddos to have fun and do their best. Let them be little now - while they are little. If they become competitive on their own as they grow, then they will have my support. But for now...it's these sweet moments of my son's 4-year-old year that make my heart smile.

The celebration was low key and at the baseball field. Eleven boys who are 4 and 5 years old don't want anything more than pizza, cupcakes, and a trophy!

Landon and his cousin, Hayden, had the best time playing on the same team. They are the best of buds. :)
Receiving his trophy from Coach.
So proud! And now we have a great way to display the game ball that he won this season.

Of course, I could have kicked myself in the foot for forgetting my camera. Ugh! But I'm thankful my iPhone is handy for moments such as these!

No comments: