--
Porter weighs 10 1/2 pounds. People still comment on how tiny he is. Tonight at Landon's baseball game, we heard it over and over and over. But, he's so big compared to where he started out that to me he seems like such a big boy.
He is still in 0-3 month clothes. I brought out a couple of 3-6 month outfits because I thought he would be able to wear them. Not so much.
Porter is still nursing ever 3-4 hours during the day, and he wakes up at 5 a.m. for a feeding. He does go back down until 7:30 thank goodness! I have tried over and over to drop that 5 a.m. feeding, but he's a stubborn little fella. And every morning I think to myself, "He's 6 months old and he weighs 10 pounds. He needs to eat." It has become my 5 a.m. pep-talk. :)
He started eating solids about 3 weeks ago. While it started out awesome, it has turned rough. The fella still loves to eat, but his tummy isn't happy. I have only been giving him 1 teaspoon of oatmeal cereal with his servings of fruits, but it seems to be too much on his little system. (I was in the hospital as an infant for an allergic reaction to cereal due to severe dehydration, and I'm worried that Porter may be following the same path.) He has had two bouts of severe constipation, so we are now strictly on fruits and vegetables; no cereal. Praying that his tummy feels better soon and will learn to digest everything.
He moves everywhere and we have to keep an eye on him! Just the other day, I put him on his play mat while I took the clothes out of the washer. I peeked around the corner after about 2 minutes to check on him and he was 3 feet away from his play mat in the middle of the hardwood floors. Stinker!! I can only imagine what it's going to be like once he's crawling and truly mobile.
I think he is starting the teething process. He has always liked having his hands in his mouth, but in the last couple of weeks he has really started gnawing (I hate that word, by the way) on his hands, toys, my shoulder. If I remember correctly, the whole teething process can take quite a while. So who knows when his pearly whites will come in.
Porter absolutely LOVES Ella Beth! I am blessed beyond measure by how helpful Ella Beth is, and I make sure to tell her as much each day. Whether it's getting Porter a toy, me a burp cloth, occupying him while I cook supper or get a shower, or just playing with him for fun...Ella Beth is a huge help to me and great entertainment for Porter. All babies should come with a sweet big sister. :)
Porter loves Landon, too, of course. But Landon doesn't have quite the "mama heart" that Ella Beth does. But Landon is gentle around Porter and gets his fair share of smiles out of him. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment