Mama said there'd be days like this. There'd be days like this, my mama said. We are now going on day 19.
I guess the old saying is true: "When it rains, it pours." Well, it's been pouring sickness throughout our house, and it's been rough. The more people you have in your family, the longer it takes for sickness to pass through and leave. Thank goodness we aren't the Duggars.
It started with me - laryngitis, sneezing, itchy eyes, and a cough. I really thought I had crazy allergies. And life doesn't stop for a sick mama most of the time, so I kept trucking along. Apparently sharing my germs with those I love the most.
Because a week later, Ella Beth had all of my symptoms. I guess it wasn't allergies after all. But she bounced back quicker than I did, and has felt fine for the last week or so.
But of course, Porter wanted to join the party and has now been stuffy and running a low-grade fever all week.
And then at 2:30 this morning, Landon started throwing up and had a fever of 102. He never could keep any Tylenol or Ibuprofen down, so when we went to the doctor at 9:30 his fever was up to 103.1. :(
Poor Scott is living on edge...but he's hoping that this will do the trick:
Me? I'm hoping that everyone feels well very soon. And that I can get a good night's rest!
No comments:
Post a Comment