Monday, March 3, 2008

On having two (Part One)

I am calling this "Part One" because I know that things will change over the course of the next few weeks.



So far, having two hasn't been as tough as I expected.  Of course, my mom and Scott are here helping.  (That's the main reason for Part One.)  The biggest thing I have noticed is that my heart really has doubled in size.  I never expected to be so engrossed and in love with another baby the way I am with Ella Beth, but it has already happened.  I am so in love with my son.

The toughest thing right now are Ella Beth's whiny moments.  She's sick.  She's cutting an eye-tooth.  Her world has been dramatically changed.  All understandable reasons for her to be whiny, but they don't really make it easy.  It's hard for me because although I am trying to praise her for every little good thing, I am also having to get on to her a lot.  I can really sense her feeling that Landon is "good" and she is "not as good."  It's rough.  She has also started throwing some tantrums when she doesn't get her way.  I know that she is acting out her frustration at how her life has changed.  I just wish that I could explain to her so that she truly understood that I still love her as much as I ever have.  I tell her all the time, especially after I have to get on to her, but at 18 months she understands actions more than words.

As for Landon, he is still a wonderful little fella.  He cries when he has a dirty diaper, and that's about all.  Honestly.  I know that it's only been 5 days and that things could change drastically, but right now we're enjoying him and his laid-back personality (which I prayed specifically for, by the way). 

I have also been doing some mini-photo sessions of Landon.  It's nice being the photographer b/c I don't feel pressured to get 100 great shots in one session.  I can spread it out as necessary.  Tomorrow, Scott and Landon will be my subjects, so I'm hoping that it goes well and I'm able to capture some great photographs.  I've already been working on his birth announcement, and that's fun!

Well, that's about all the free time I have.  I'll post more pictures soon!




1 comment:

Angie said...

Oh, I know how you are feeling! Aidan was the same way for a while and I am wondering now how it is going to be with a 4 1/2 year old and a 2 1/2 year old when this baby arrives in their home. Should be interesting! Brad has offically turned in his maternity leave paper work to the county, so it will be nice to have him at home. The more help the better!