Has it really been a month already since my son was born? That seems impossible. He just got here. And, yet, I can't really remember life without him. He's grown so much. For the first few days he really had that "premie" look...skinny face and stick arms & legs. Goodness how he's starting to fill out! He is also noticeably longer. He has outgrown all premie clothes b/c of his length. He could still fit into them if they didn't all have feet! He now swims in his clothes b/c there doesn't seem to be any "mid-size" clothes. If they say Newborn, they mean big newborn; if they say 0-3 months, they mean 3 months. Oh well. Scott says that since he's a boy he doesn't need or want his clothes to be "fitted." I guess he does have a point there. :)
Landon has started cooing and smiling. Both of which are just so sweet. I don't really remember Ella Beth doing much cooing since she cried the first 13 weeks; she did, however, smile earlier than Landon, which is interesting. Cooing has to be one of the sweetest sounds in the world. I just love to hear him "talk" to me! Whenever he does it, Ella Beth is right there saying, "Talking to you!" Here's a picture of Landon "talking" to Daddy.
Ella Beth has come to terms with the fact that Landon is staying. She still has her moments, but don't all toddlers?! She wants to hold Landon all of the time...however, she's sick...AGAIN. What she has that she can't get rid of is beyond me. She's had this "cold" since the beginning of December. That is almost 4 months. It comes and goes - one week on, one week off - but it never goes away. Don't understand it. Don't like it. Don't know what exactly to do. I am praying that she won't develop another ear infection from this cold. She is having so much drainage, so I'm praying really hard. When she doesn't feel well, it's very obvious. I hate it for her. Here's a couple cute pics of her playing in her room. You can tell that her cold was starting b/c her left eye is pink. That's always our clue.
Her favorite...Fish Face. :)
I still haven't dared to venture out with both of the little ones in tow. Since the sling didn't work out and I had to send it back, I'm a little unsure how to go about it. I guess I need to invest in a double stroller. Any suggestions? They are all HUGE...they are honestly longer than me. I just don't know how to manage something longer than myself!
Off to get my baby girl!





3 comments:
Great to see you this morning. Don't worry so much, you are doing a great job!
awww, so cute! :) time really does fly, especially with the second. i love the fish face - that cracked me up! hope Ella Beth is feeling better soon! as for getting out with two - why didn't the sling work out? i don't remember seeing/hearing about that. there are a TON of different sling options, i would suggest trying to find one that works for you. they are so comfy and easy to put on these days. my sling saved me in the first year! otherwise, i'm not really sure how i would have done it. we have a stroller for two, but it's where Ansley can stand in the back and Christian sits in the front, so that probably wouldn't be an option for you. i would recommend trying another sling to see if it can work. :)
What beautiful and precious children you have. Let's get our playdates on the calendar again!! I miss you.
Post a Comment