(There are no pictures yet b/c I don't want to spoil the surprise of Landon's birth announcements which should be sent out Monday. After that, I'll post to my heart's content! In other words, when I have time.)
First, let me just start off by saying that GOD IS SO GOOD, HE'S SO GOOD TO ME. I took Ella Beth to the doctor yesterday because she has just been feeling horrible. It turns out she has an ear infection. Well, when I get to the doctor's office they inform me that my insurance has been terminated. WHAT??? Yes, it was terminated on March 1st without warning, and without the "grace period" that we were supposed to have after the warning. Nice.
Do you realize that Landon's arrival on Feb. 27th, and the fact that this is a Leap Year are the most amazing factors? Can anyone even begin to imagine the cost that we would have if Landon was born even one day later? GOD IS SO GOOD! Do you know that an epidural alone is over $5000? Add in the hospital stay, all of the drugs, IV's, and care I received, Landon's care and the newborn tests and screenings done, and we are talking one GIGANTIC medical bill. Since we had no warning that our insurance was about to expire (we had COBRA through Forsyth Cty Schools), I can only praise God for His timing and that He was so gracious to us. We are thankful beyond words!
To update you on our Family of Four -
Landon is a wonderful little fella. He is amazing. He is sweet. He still cries for some diaper changes, but that accounts for 99% of his cries. We are so blessed by his sweet disposition. He is nursing well. He is sleeping well. His little "mister" has healed completely, and his belly-button has also healed. We are so in love with him. I already can't remember life without him!
Ella Beth is still adjusting. Her ear infection and cold definitely made things harder, but she's still having some difficulties with the transition. The strangest thing is this - she SCREAMS, and I mean SCREAMS, when we have to put Landon down for a nap. Thank goodness he is a sound sleeper. But, the moment we go in his room to lay him in his bed, she screams and points at the bed. We have to make her stand outside of the room just to put him in the bed. She screams at full-volume, "Bed. Bed." It makes no sense, and it absolutely drives me insane. She doesn't miss him when he's sleeping, so I know it's not due to him being away from her or anything. It's just something about the process of laying him in the bed that brings out the wails. Since Landon sleeps a good deal, it's a reoccurring nightmare. Hopefully, it will pass soon, b/c other than that she's doing okay. She is good about sitting next to me while I'm nursing and doesn't seem jealous or upset by it (she is a little curious though). Maybe once she's feeling 100% everything will fall a little more sanely into place.
We have enjoyed visitors and the yummy meals that they have brought. My mom stayed with us for 3 days and cooked delicious meals for which we were thankful. I know the meals will stop eventually, so I am relishing in the fact that I don't have to balance cooking and two little ones quite yet! I feel great. I honestly don't feel like I've given birth. If the weather stays nice, I'm already feeling up to my regular 2 mile walks. I put Landon in his sling for the first time today and went outside with Ella Beth, Meredith, and Jackson. It was quite enjoyable, and the sling worked beautifully. I know I'll be getting a lot of use out of it.
I'm off...it's bath time for Landon!
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Insurance and update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So glad to hear that you are doing so well. I need to call and schedule my time to bring a meal :) And isn't God great!!
I am so glad it is going well! so impressive you are already out for walks!! you go girl. keep me posted if any great advice comes out of your experience with having 2! 2 1/2 weeks to go for me! can't wait to see more pics of him!!
hey Amber! we've been out of town, so i'm trying to get caught up on everything, so sorry i'm a bit behind. but wanted to say congratulations on your sweet baby boy!! i'm so glad to hear that everything went smoothly and the transition has been good. that is awesome! can't wait to see more pictures. :)
Post a Comment