(I have no clue why the captions for the photos are off. I've tried 3 times to fix them, but once I hit save I lose all of the changes. Oh well, more important things to attend to.)
We are home. We are getting settled. Life is good!
Thanks so much, Ashley, for posting Landon's arrival. I do have to admit that labor and delivery is still the best part of pregnancy for me. I am so thankful that the Lord blesses me with such an easy time. I guess He takes pity on me from the 9 months of not-so-good times!
To re-cap a bit...I went to my ladies Bible study on Tuesday night feeling pretty bad, but since I had felt that way for a while I really didn't think much about it. I enjoyed our discussion, and ate two chocolate chip cookies before I left. (It was funny b/c I had actually already brushed my teeth so that I wouldn't "indulge" in anything, but I just couldn't resist Adrienne's cookies.) Well, when I got home, I couldn't sleep. I had an uncontrollable urge to fix Landon's room just so. I went in and organized all of his sleepers, onesies, diapers, socks, mittens, etc. in his dresser. I was in there until almost mid-night when I convinced myself that I really should sleep. Well, when I woke up around 6:30, I was having lots of pains in my tummy, but I really never questioned whether it was labor for a long while because my "pains" were very high. Once they wrapped around to my back, I called my doctor and asked the nurse what she thought. She told me to come in. I got to the doctor's office at 10 AM, and they determined that I was in early labor and needed to get to the hospital. So I go home, Scott and I finish packing and such, and we leave for the hospital.
We got to exit 13 on 400, and I was in tears. I just knew that they were going to send us home once we got to the hospital b/c my contractions were subsiding. I convinced Scott to turn around, and I called my friend Erin who is a labor and delivery nurse at Northside to tell her that I wasn't coming. Well...she convinced me to "turn that car around b/c there was a room, bed, and epidural ready and waiting." I still felt as though I would be sent home, but Scott turned around and we got to Northside a little before noon. When they admitted me, my contractions were 4 minutes apart so it turned out I got to stay!
My labor progressed very easily. I did get "stuck" at 6 cm for a while, but once they got me in a certain position it was Game On! I literally went from 6 cm to 10 cm in about 10 minutes. I couldn't believe it. It honestly took them longer to set things up for delivery than it did for my dilation! I started pushing around 7:09, and Landon was born at 7:13 with only 5 pushes. I'm one lucky gal! No "problems" with delivery this time, so I'm actually feeling pretty decent.
Okay...so enough of that...here's what you really want. Pictures!!!
This is the shot we got of Ella Beth as Scott walked in the room with her, and one up close of the "introduction."
Here's one of just us girls.
Landon's up-close debut!
Mommy and Landon
Mommy, Ella Beth, & Landon
The new Family of Four
Ella Beth wanted a "bracelet" just like Mommy and Daddy's, so Erin made her one.
Daddy and Landon
Ella Beth, Daddy, and Landon. Ella Beth is telling everyone who Landon is.
Landon at home in the swing.
Ella Beth at the swing with "Baby Landon Brother" as she likes to call him. :)
Our welcome home mailbox
Landon's first snooze in his bed.
I started this post yesterday, so here's an update since then. Landon is a wonderful baby so far, and we are praying that he stays that way! He is so sweet, and he is content almost all of the time. Nice. :) The hardest thing we are having to deal with is that Ella Beth came down with a bad cold while we were at the hospital. Of course, the only thing she wants to do is touch, hug, play with Landon. It's been hard keeping her away from him because she gets so upset. We've talked about him for so long, and now that he's here and she's so excited about him, we have to separate them. I hate it for her. We are hoping that this cold passes very quickly.
We took Landon for his follow-up appointment yesterday. He only lost 1 oz, so he's weighing in at 5 lbs, 10 oz. I still can't believe how tiny he is. He swims in his premie clothes, and his premie diapers fall off of him a lot.
If you are thinking, "Hmmm, I think he looks like Scott." You are CORRECT! He's like a photo-copy version of him. I love it! It's so endearing to me. He has clear skin, blond hair, blue eyes, long fingers and toes. Love every ounce of him!
We do have a prayer request that we would like to share. Landon has failed his Left Ear Hearing Test. The doctor told us that it's not something to worry too much about right now, but it's still something that is a little disconcerning. He will re-do the hearing test on his left ear in three weeks. We are praying that he passes, and wouldn't mind if you do too. Thank you.
I am still doing well. I'm a little sore, but nothing like after having Ella Beth. We are still adjusting, but life is even better than good - it's amazing!















3 comments:
He is just beautiful! I am so glad you are doing well and I can't wait to come hold him and give you a little break. ;) Doesn't Ella Beth look like such a big girl next to her little sister? Try to get some rest so you don't get overwhelmed. He is in my prayers for the hearing test, but don't worry to much..that happens often. Aidan failed his on both ears when he was a new born and had to go have them retested again and they were just fine! I will call you sometime this week.
Ummmm yeah....little brother I mean. Ok, so I have pregnancy brain! Forgive me...he does look like a little boy!
Hey Amber,
I was so excited to see the pics up. They are adorable and Landon resembles Scott 100%. It is amazing how much they look alike and how tiny Landon is. I promise that I sat and looked at the pics for atleast 15 minutes just admiring your beautiful family, what a BLESSING! I will be praying for Landon to improve on his hearing test and that Ella Beth will be healed from her cold quickly. Congratulations on bringing home your family of four!
Post a Comment