
3161. I've learned that sometimes it's easier to just let the little ones sleep in bed with us occasionally, because they will be too old and too big before we know it
3162. I've learned that I can make promises all day long, but until I carry them out my children won't feel love and learn to trust
3163. I've learned that it's really hard for just one person to take care of three children 100% of the time, so it's OK to ask for help
3164. I've learned that my children are as long-suffering as I am, and after a bad day we can still come together with love, forgiveness, hugs, and good books

3165. I've learned that discipline looks a lot less like spanking and a lot more like long walks holding hands and talking through things
3166. I've learned that a soft answer turns away wrath and is much more effective at calming a situation than yelling back
3167. I've learned that my kiddos need a lot less stuff, and they need a lot more books, outdoor time, and attention
3168. I've learned that it's OK to need a "Mom's Night Out" to refresh myself occasionally
3169. I've learned that I need consistent prayer and time with my Savior to make it through any day as a Mama

3170. I have learned that being a good Mama is the hardest thing that I have ever done. It is hard to continually lay my own needs and desires aside in order to put three children and their Daddy first. It is hard to lose sleep night after night, to go to bed late and get up early, to cancel dates with friends because my kiddos need me more. It's hard to find time to shower, or read a good book, or get my hair done, and I haven't had a mani/pedi in I don't know how long.
But the difficulties of being a mother are a blessing because I am the one they call for in the middle of the night. I am the one they tell that they are hungry. I am the one they cry for when they hurt. I am the one woman they need and love most. I am the only one they call Mama.
And I am thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment