Laundry. It's 10:35 and I have already done three loads of laundry this morning because there was half of a dark blue crayon left in a pocket.
And now everything is covered in dark blue spots. That won't come out.
Laundry is ironic like that sometimes. You go to clean clothes, and they come out stained. Ahh, life with children. I checked the pockets, but this tiny crayon piece hid from me and melted in the dryer and turned some good clothes into play clothes.
But I am still thankful for the laundry. The laundry that I had to re-do and is still stained. Because it is my reminder that I have a family to care for and children to love. Was it annoying to find nice church pants covered in dark blue spots that won't come out? Yes. Was my first reaction to sigh and call my son's name? Yes.
But as I looked into his sweet blue eyes with the innocence of a five year old boy, I couldn't be mad at him. He's five. The crayon piece got away from him. It got away from the Mama, too.
Laundry is a never-ending chore. Sometimes it doesn't produce the results we were expecting, but it's a constant reminder that there are five of us in this family. Five people who make messes, who need clean clothes, who need new clothes to replace a few "nice" items. Five people who make our family filled to the brim with blessings and grace.
--
Linked up at http://lisajobaker.com/five-minute-friday/
1 comment:
I love how we went the same direction for today's FMF! I am only doing laundry for 3 currently (2 at the exact moment since hubs is away with the army) but each sock, stained shirt or ink pen in the dryer reminds me how blessed we are have laundry to do!
Thanks for this great post, Amber. Blessings!
Post a Comment