But MFW has been a blessing to us. Buddy-Ro is right on the cusp of beginning reading, and he's happy to do school. I am praying that it continues, and I am eating it up at the moment - because I'm an experienced Mama, and I know how quickly things can change. Without warning.
We did a leaf unit with the letter L. We collected leaves from the back yard on our nature walk, and then used the leaves he found all week.



This leaf was so big that Mama had to help a little with the coloring. Buddy-Ro helped hold the leaf in place. :)

But he did all the rest!!


Proud of his leaf-sorting abilities. :)

And then...the BIG DAY arrived. Buddy-Ro's ants arrived in the mail. As in Black.Live.Crawling.Ants. He was so excited. Let's just say that ants aren't exactly Mama's thing. But it's part of Kindergarten, so it's what we do. I'm such a good sport. Well, when I let Daddy be in charge of the Ant Farm set-up. ;)

And now we have ants. I can admit that their tunnel building capabilities are impressive. And no one could argue that ants are lazy. Which is a great thing to teach kiddos! And the sentence Buddy-Ro is learning this week is: I am a wise child, so I will work hard.

Kindergarten is fun! Just the way it should be!!
2 comments:
So glad it's going well! It brings back sweet memories. I LOVED using MFW, and I can remember our leaf unit and our ants. :) I also like seeing that I'm not the only Mama who lets my kids learn in pj's. :) Yay for a fun year!
Hey Amber, I love your homeschool posts! You are doing a great work with those kiddos! Love you friend :)
Post a Comment