So many people ask the question, "What will Heaven be like." Children, adults, Christians, people who are searching for answers.
Physically, I don't know what Heaven will be like. I don't know what it will look like, where exactly Heaven will be, what exactly we will do for eternity.
But what I do know with all of my heart is that Heaven is where we all belong.
This world is not our home.
One of my current favorite songs is by Building 429.
I'm not home yet. This is not where I belong. Take this world, and give me Jesus. This is not where I belong.
Sometimes it feels like I'm watching from the outside.
Sometimes it feels like I'm breathing but am I alive?
I won't keep searching for answers that aren't here to find.
Unfairness, judgement, mistreatment, gossip, rudeness, pettiness...these things surround us here on earth. But I truly believe that when we get to Heaven, the relationships that are so hard here will be healed there.
Relationships with fathers.
Would-be sisters.
Lost friends.
I believe that though I had a love/hate relationship with my step-dad I will run into his arms once I reach Heaven and all of the wounds will have already been healed.
I believe that though I have a tough relationship with "would-be sisters" right now in my life, no apologies will be needed in Heaven.
I believe that even though I haven't seen my biological father for years and years now, that he will recognize his grandchildren and our relationships will not be awkward. Forgiveness will simply be there.
Heaven is where we all belong. Pain is a reminder that this is not our home. Pain is the revealing of a greater thirst that simply cannot be quenched outside of Heaven.
I want to be found in Jesus at the end of my time so that He can take me home. To heaven. Where I belong.
No comments:
Post a Comment