Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Showered in Blue!

Last Saturday, my mom, mother-in-law, best friend Meredith, and Amber M. threw me a baby shower for Porter. To say that we were blessed is truly an understatement. We were so overwhelmed with the love shown to us by family and sweet friends!

I had LOTS of help opening the gifts. In fact, I only got to open one because Ella Beth was there to do all of the rest. ;)

We got many cute things, like this sweet baby blue frame.

We got blankets and many practical items like wash cloths, snack cups, sippy cups, sheets, and a boo-boo sea turtle!

Ella Beth also enjoyed opening the cards and telling everyone who the gifts were from. And, goodness, look at that belly! How can I possibly be measuring so small???

A sweet little outfit from Aunt Karla.

More cute clothes!

Here I am with two of the hostesses. I can NOT believe that we didn't get a picture with my mom and mother in law. :( And...I may or may not be standing on my tippy toes to look taller between these two girls. ;)

Like I said, to say that we were blessed is an understatement. Here is a picture of everything that is not clothes or blankets.

And here is a picture of only HALF of the clothes that now make up Porter's wardrobe. HALF! And that is Landon's queen sized bed under all of those!!!

Here is Porter's new hamper over half-way filled with even more clothes. Oh. My. Word. This littlest fella has more clothes than Ella Beth and Landon combined!!! 

It was so special to celebrate Porter's upcoming arrival, and we are beyond grateful for the generosity and thoughtfulness of our family and friends! Loads and loads and loads of laundry have been done this week (by Scott, of course). But, I sat in the middle of Landon's bed after each load was "fluffed" and folded and organized all of these precious little clothes. It was so much fun!!!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I love that bed quilt!!! Where did you find that!?!?! Oh and congrats on Porter. :)

Amber said...

Kristen, it's from Pottery Barn Kids - the Madras quilt. We love it too bc it's very BOY, and it's reversible. :) It also comes in a brown patchwork. It was on sale recently so maybe you could get a good deal!