Saturday, February 25, 2012

4 year old interview

{The boy loves to be upside down.}

I can't believe my baby boy is 1) about to turn 4 years old, and 2) is not going to be the baby much longer. These last four years have been so much fun with a growing boy - loud, active, wild, messy!

One of my favorite traditions once my kiddos turn four is to start their yearly interviews. Gotta love the things a 4 year old boy has to say:

(M)ama: What do you want to be when you grow up?

(L)andon: An alien!

(M): I try really hard not to laugh...An alien? Why's that?

(L): 'Cause then the super heros would come to space and find me.


(M): What is your favorite thing God has made?

(L): Christmas

(M): What is it you like about Christmas?

(L): Presents and my tool set




(M): What's your favorite color?

(L): Orangey-orangey (Note: Landon has called orange "orangey-orangey" since he learned his colors. He's never re-named another color, but "orangey-orangey" has stuck.)

(M): What is your favorite food?

(L): Cereal (Note: Landon would eat cereal for every meal and snack if we would let him. And, he doesn't mind if his cereal gets soggy. Does NOT get that from me!)

(M): What is something that you don't like to eat?

(L): Potatoes (He says this with a scrunched up, icky face.)

(M): What is your favorite song?

(L): My co-op song. (I'm not sure exactly which one he's talking about, but we did KinderMusic in his class during the Fall and he thoroughly enjoyed it!)




(M): What are you looking forward to about turning 4?

(L): Getting to chew gum.

(M): What is your favorite thing to do?

(L): Play outside and build a campfire.

(M): What is your favorite thing to wear?

(L): My snow clothes so I can play in the snow!


(M): Who is your favorite friend?

(L): Brody

(M): What is your favorite thing to do with Mama?

(L): Play with you.

(M): What is your favorite thing to do with Daddy?

(L): Wrestle!

(M): Do you like school?

(L): Yes

(M): What do you like about school?

(L): Getting to be home with you and Ella Beth, and I like to play on the computer.

(M): What is your favorite thing about Ella Beth?

(L): She plays with me. (Said in the sweetest little voice. Love it!)

(M): Where is your favorite place to go?

(L): The train station. (Note: We have never been to a train station. We are planning on going soon after Porter arrives, so maybe he's just anticipating it!)

(M): What does Daddy do all day?

(L): Work

(M): What does Mama do all day?

(L): Stay home with us and play games (Oh, I wish it was just that! ;))

(M): What is your favorite restaurant?

(L): Anywhere with pizza

(M): What do you want to eat on your birthday?

(L): Super Hero food!


(M): I love you, buddy.

(L): I love you.
--
Oh, I could just eat you up, little fella! You've got some fire in you, but Landon, you are one sweet little boy. You genuinely care about others, you are the best snuggle-bug on the planet, and I am blessed to be your mama.

Happy Birthday!

No comments: