Thursday, February 16, 2012

Just what I needed

Oh, how I love God's timing and His purposefulness. This week has been really hard on me. Although I have felt pretty miserable, I have really allowed myself to become negative about being on bed rest. It's really hard to do nothing all of the time no matter how badly I feel, and I would never wish this on anyone. The kiddos are playing with Scott, and I can't join in their running and wrestling and tickle fights. We go outside on a nice February day, and all I can do is sit while Scott plays hide-and-seek and pushes the kiddos "as high as the sky!" I want to play, too. Waaaa!

But, today in Jesus Calling, the Lord spoke directly to my heart:

"Thank Me for the conditions that are requiring you to be still. Do not spoil these quiet hours by wishing them away, waiting impatiently to be active again. Some of the greatest works in My kingdom have been done from sick beds and prison cells. Instead of resenting the limitations of a weakened body, search for My way in the midst of these very circumstances. Limitations can be liberating when your strongest desire is living close to Me.

Quietness and trust enhance your awareness of My Presence with you. Do not despise these simple ways of serving Me. Although you feel cut off from the activity of the world, your quiet trust makes a powerful statement in spiritual realms. My Strength and Power show themselves most effective in weakness."

Once again, there is the idea of giving the Hard Thanks. To give thanks in everything - everything. When things don't go my way. Give thanks. When things are hard and I feel miserable. Give thanks. When there is not an end in sight. Give thanks.

When I choose to give thanks in all circumstances, I am acknowledging God's sovereignty in my life, AND I am allowing Him to use whatever circumstances come and go in my life for Him.

Romans 8:28 says, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him." (emphasis added)

In all things God works, and He works for the good of those who love Him.

Choosing to trust Him today, and the rest of this pregnancy.

2 comments:

Clh03uga said...

Oh Amber! I love those "cannot be denied; He is speaking to me moments!" amazing and humbling that he speaks so directly to us.

Amber said...

Yes, Chelsea!!! He is such a compassionate God.