Heartburn? Yes. I've never had heartburn before, and it's a bit uncomfortable. I know this probably sounds pretty silly, but since I've never had it before...it actually, um, burns. I'm having to think about what I eat b/c I really like spicy foods. Now I am eating Tums with my meals- and reminiscing about my grandparents. ;)
Maternity clothes? Yes. I still have a limited wardrobe, but since I'm rarely allowed out of the house (or off the couch for that matter) it really doesn't bother me to bum around. I am opting for comfort these days!
Weight gain? Kinda. I mean, I've gained weight this pregnancy. Obviously. But I've also lost 3 pounds in the last two weeks. So, no weight gain in the last month.
Swelling? I have started swelling a little bit in my hands and my feet. I definitely swelled more after being in the hospital over the weekend from all of the fluids that I was given, but I don't know if my feet will lose all of the swelling before delivery or not. My hands tend to fluctuate throughout the day.
Cravings? Fruit. I am definitely eating a LOT of fruit with this pregnancy. I've never really been a fruit type of gal; I like my veggies with salt! But, if there is juicy watermelon or pineapple around - or a nice Granny Smith - it doesn't last long. (Those old wives tales about Girls and Fruit have nothing on me!)
Feeling movement? Oh yes! Porter is one active little fella. :) Especially when contractions get him all riled up.
Tired? Oh. My. Word. Why is it that the less I do the more tired I am? Bed rest is definitely restful. And boring. And hard to enjoy. But, I'm trying not to complain. ;)
Favorite pregnancy moment this month? I feel a little guilty because it's been hard to come up with a favorite pregnancy moment this month with everything that has been going on. I am super THANKFUL for doctors and the intelligence they were given, I am THANKFUL for medications to stop pre-term labor and to strengthen my littlest fella's lungs, and our family is THANKFUL for sweet, sweet friends who have been such a blessing to us. But, I guess my favorite moment this month would just be getting prepared. Since we don't know day to day how things are going to go, I went ahead and packed Porter's diaper bag to take to the hospital. It was definitely sweet going through baby things and thinking about using them because it's been a long time since we've had tiny things in this house. I mean, come on, tiny diapers and socks and baby hats are some of the most precious things on the planet. And when I was packing his bag I felt like I was playing!
--
Pictures:
Only one belly shot again this month. Whew, look at that belly!!!
2 comments:
You look beautiful!
Chelsea, you are so sweet. Thank you!
Post a Comment