Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Hey, Baby!

I had a doctor's appointment today, which included an ultrasound. I know I'm not the only one out there, but I just l-o-v-e having ultrasounds. And, I'm lucky enough to have another one next Friday, too. :)

Today was the first time since this pregnancy started that I walked away from a doctor's appointment content, happy, and with a smile on my face. We had a really good appointment. :) We had to wait a few minutes (shocking at a doctor's office, I know) - and this preggo mama was hungry. Lucky for me, I packed a snack! I ate a big granny smith apple while we waited, and it was just what the baby ordered. When it was time for the ultrasound, the little booger was very active - I'm talking moving and kicking and waving all over the place.

It. Was. Amazing.

The baby looks great. Heart looks great. And my uterus seems to be starting to absorb the hemorrhage. So, all in all, it was a great appointment. Three months in the waiting, but worth waiting for.

This ultrasound picture isn't the clearest, but since this sweet baby was doing gymnastics the entire time, it's actually pretty good! The two little white "dots" above the belly are actually the feet kicking. (They are attached to legs, but they were moving SO fast that they seemed to disappear here!) The baby looked to have really long legs and feet...obviously taking after its mama. ;) There was one time when the baby actually stopped moving for about 3 seconds and seemed to wave at us, and then started back doing somersaults. Silly little pickle. :)

Thank you for your continued prayers. I am still considered "high risk" at this point, but like I said earlier...I left the doctor feeling confident and really happy. And that was a really good feeling. :)

3 comments:

nkdilbeck said...

smiling =)

Becca Daws said...

Yay, Amber! God is so sweet. Such a cute little punkin'! I love ultrasounds too. Such an amazing peek into that secret place where God is knitting that little one together! Love you.

Christina said...

Happy Happy news, my friend. Praising God that you got to leave with a smile on your face!