Thursday, October 20, 2011

Go Ahead...I dare you!

I found this AWESOME idea here.

==
As a full-time-stay-at-home-homeschooling-mama I have found that boredom is more often present than I anticipated. Especially on those out-of-the-blue-freezing-days, or raining days, or days when we just get a little tired of the same ol' thing. So I found this Boredom Jar, and I just had to share.

Grab any old jar - I, of course, chose a mason jar. I've said it before, we're a lil' bit country 'round these parts. ;) Cut out the "I'm Bored" label and fasten it to the jar with a hot glue gun. (I found after trial and error, that putting two large globs of glue on each end of the label and wrapping it around the jar worked best.)

Then, print out the "suggestions" on fun paper. Next, cut out all of the "suggestions." There are some truly GREAT ones!


 Nice!

Sigh. A grammatical error. So, I added the apostrophe. However...this was my FAVORITE boredom buster. I don't think you'd hear, "I'm bored," for a while after this one. :)
Another one of my favorite suggestions. Especially around this time of year!

Then, Ella Beth and I folded all of the strips and put them in our jar.

The finished project:

And, my favorite part - the lid. It's just daring you to say it.  

Go Ahead...I dare you to say "I'm bored!"

Put it in a safe place, and break it out any time it's needed. :)

1 comment:

nkdilbeck said...

Love it. Going to do this very soon. Thanks for sharing!!