Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pregnancy So Far

Oh pregnancy. We don't get along so well, no matter how hard I try. And this go 'round has been tough. Besides the emotional havoc that rears its ugly head each day, I am also dealing with the worst All-Day-Sickness ever. Zofran is my friend, but it's not a life saver. It curbs the nausea and it keeps me from throwing up multiple times a day, but even with it I am still nauseous - it never actually goes away. Last night I was so sick I kept dreaming I was throwing up. Between actually running to the bathroom and dreaming that I was running to the bathroom, I woke up exhausted. But, that's supposed to be a good thing......right?!?


I'm 11 weeks pregnant.

Sick? Uh, I think I covered that. ;)

Maternity clothes? Not yet. But soon.

Showing? To myself and Ella Beth, definitely. Most other people who didn't know I was pregnant would just think I need to lay off the doughnuts. I'm certainly getting "thicker" in the middle.

And, speaking of doughnuts...Cravings? I am craving EVERYTHING that is unhealthy. Of course my stomach won't let me eat much, but I have been craving hamburgers like nobody's business. And chicken fingers, Taco Bell hot sauce (same craving with Ella Beth...weirdest craving ever???), french fries, doughnuts. I guess it's a good thing that I have been so sick; otherwise I would have gained a LOT of weight already.

So what do I eat? Lots of crackers. And whatever else I can when I get hungry but not sick. Which isn't often, so I'm not eating too much right now.

Tired? Umm, is that a rhetorical question? Oh yes.

Names picked out? Yes, but we're not telling yet.

Are we going to find out the gender? Most certainly! We are all planners in this family.

How are we going to tell the family the gender? We are going to have our next door neighbor, Leia with yumiyumcupcakes.com, make "gender reveal" cupcakes. We are going to keep the gender a secret until Thanksgiving and then let Ella Beth and Landon eat the first two cupcakes in front of the family to reveal the baby's gender. Can't wait for that moment!

Gender guess? I'm torn. This pregnancy is so much like my pregnancy with Ella Beth (I'm just much sicker), but the heartbeat was closer to Landon's - so I really don't know what my guess is.

Preference? No. Just a healthy baby. I can think of pros for a girl or a boy. Of course, Ella Beth wants a baby sister and Landon wants a baby brother. :)

Room situation? Two kiddos will have to share a room. We can't decide who it will be though. We may put the baby in with sister or brother, or we may let Ella Beth and Landon share a room for a couple of years and let the baby sleep alone. Can't decide - there are pros and cons to both!

Favorite pregnancy moment so far? I have two. 1) Hearing the kiddos tell everyone that "Mommy has a baby in her belly." Even strangers in the grocery line! 2) Ella Beth and Landon "popping" babies out of their bellies a few times a day. :)

So that's about it so far. Hoping to feel better soon, and I'm still battling anxiety with prayer. Things haven't changed on the hemorrhage front, but I'm choosing to trust that God's hand is on this sweet one growing within my womb. I am so thankful for the continued prayers of friends, family, and strangers. I have received cards in the mail from Sunday school classes of people I don't even know, and I am still just in awe of how we as Christians really do come to each other's aid and pray for one another. So thankful.

1 comment:

Becca Daws said...

Aw, Amber! I am sorry you are so sick. You just described my first 4 months being pregnant with Hudson! To a tee! I took Zofran, but it only took the edge off. I was still nauseous all the time. Even in the middle of the night. If I was awake, I felt like I was going to throw-up.

It is a good sign, but it really stinks, I know. Hang in there!

Praying for you and thanks for the love on my blog. :-)

Love you!
Becca