Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Power of Prayer

To be honest, I can't believe the outcome of today's doctor appointment. When we left the doctor's office last week with very unsettling, and what seemed to be inevitable news, I really didn't expect much more than the worst.

Not that I'm a pessimist, because I am not. But because I typically trust what the doctor has to say. So when the doctor said, "your body probably knows something is wrong and is trying to get rid of it [baby]" - I took the news at face value.

And I waited. And waited. And the bleeding started. I called, and was told to wait just a little longer because the earliest I could come in was Tuesday (today). So, I waited. It was hard.

I prayed for this baby, but more than anything I prayed for God's will. And that I would trust His will.

Many other people were praying, too. Friends, family, strangers, neighbors. People were praying for me and for this tiny life within me.

And, I am amazed. Amazed at the thought of being lifted up to our Heavenly Father over and over again. Little ol' me. Amazed that friends are so dear and they call repeatedly to check in and see if there is anything they could do. Amazed that they really meant their offers, too.

But, above all else, I am amazed that God would choose to work another miracle inside my womb.

Because, I am pregnant!

The baby looks great!

And, the bleeding has been caused by a subchorionic hematoma on my uterus. The doctor said that it should "bleed out" on its own. Of course this isn't the best news because a subchorionic hematoma is very rare - occuring in only 1% of pregnancies. But, I am just trusting.

Trusting that God is in control.

And trusting in the power of prayer.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am in tears reading this. So happy for you guys! Congratulations!!! Melissa W.

Megan said...

WOW!!! So excited for you Amber! Praying for you and the baby. You will love having three! And perhaps our emailing will become a little more frequent. ;) What great news!!

Clh03uga said...

Same two things happened to me, but one in each of my pregnancies! With Hudson they told us to prepare for a miscarriage...HOW DO YOU POSSIBLY DO THAT? He was a healthy miracle baby! Then with Kendan I had that same bleeding. :) He too was a healthy miracle baby! Prayed for you and that precious life. So happy for your news!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great news, still praying for that precious gift from God.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that last note was me....Ally

Kim said...

Congratulations! I know you will do great becoming a family of 5...WOW! We will continue to pray for that little baby! What a great story about "trusting" in the Lord with all your heart!